TA software for multi monitors

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jayford, Feb 6, 2006.

1. TGM

TGM

I bitched about this to Ensign as well. I was told that Howard brought out a detached window version (ala Neoticker) and it was a technical nightmare. You could drag the windows anywere --but it had problems. Anyhow, I do not know if they are working on this programming still or not. But many traders continue to bitch. The problem has nothing to do with traditional programming for multimonitor applications ---it has something to do with programming Ensign Uses to control the 'daughter windows'. I am not a programmer and so I do not know the terminology. With that said, they have worked on this extensively---and although they told you it was not cost effecient. They are just asses saying that---if it was not cost effecient ---they would not have put out a beta edition with the feature in it! Howard gets upset when anyone criticizes his software and at the same time ----turns around and tries to implement these things on his own schedule-----keep bitching ----I know everyone else is. I am tired of redoing programming ---or I would go to Neo Ticker!

#21     Feb 7, 2006
    #22     Feb 7, 2006
  3. TGM

TGM

Quotetracker should look at a couple of features Ensign uses ---like the custom alerts that allows the combining of indicators to produce buy and sell signals on a chart. Plus the easy to use indicator auto programmer that lets you manipulate indicators ---to see bars painted a certain way above and below the indicator etc. (without spending hours prgramming) There are strong features in Ensign. I am shocked no else has copied some of their more brilliant ideas in some way shape manner or form.

#23     Feb 7, 2006
    #24     Feb 7, 2006
  5. gnome

gnome

#25     Feb 7, 2006
  6. TGM

TGM

#26     Feb 7, 2006
  7. - QuoteTracker already has that - Paintbars. And definitely do not need to know how to program to use them.

As for the multimonitor discussion - basically, if the app uses MDI and only MDI (has a container window holding all others), then its not going to be multi-monitor friendly. eSignal does it that way BUT they also let you popout the windows out of the container window, making it so you can maximize the window on a single monitor. (that does not involve overriding windows functionality BTW)

#27     Feb 7, 2006
  8. I

Actually, Ensign does have an option that will maximize a chart size to a predetermined setting when it is maximized via the backspace key.

st]
    [/QUOTE]

When I hit the backspace, its the same as hitting the max button. Window still maxes to entire desktop. Of course I could max it to one screen, and then minimize it to just the title bar, so that it will go back and forth, but that has already been mentioned, end not what I am looking for.

Thanks though,
    Jay

#28     Feb 7, 2006

9. I questioned him several times about this and finally gave up on him and looked elsewhere. I do believe his ego over rides his abilities sometimes. He did explain that he would have to re-write each and every dll and he simply wasn't going to do that anytime soon, if ever. If you lurk in his chat rooms, it's obvious that the majority of his users are newbies searching for the holy grail, or at least the ones that use the chat feature, so I am surmising that he is gaining more accounts than he is losing, and wooing them with psychedelic LSD rainbow graphs as shown in the following link. In other words, as long as he can grow subscriptions with color objects, he isn't motivated to keep purists.

http://www.ensignsoftware.com/images/art-03.gif

st

#29     Feb 7, 2006

10. When I hit the backspace, its the same as hitting the max button. Window still maxes to entire desktop. Of course I could max it to one screen, and then minimize it to just the title bar, so that it will go back and forth, but that has already been mentioned, end not what I am looking for.

Thanks though,
    Jay
    [/QUOTE]

In Chart setup, you can set the maximum size the window can grow instead of it going full screen. But I agree, that is a poor excuse of a fix for free floating windows and not the topic at hand.

Regards,

st

#30     Feb 7, 2006