TA software for multi monitors

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jayford, Feb 6, 2006.

1. yeah, I've done that. I prefer to have a monitor with many small charts that I can see at all times, and max em as I see fit, I also have a few monitors with dedicated charts, 4 per monitor, but I often wish to max these as well.

#11     Feb 7, 2006
  2. gnome

gnome

Yup, I could envision that. You'll never see what you're hoping for.

#12     Feb 7, 2006
  3. ...... On Windows.

On Linux multihead running KDE desktop, 'maximize' maximizes the window to one physical screen only. You have to drag it to span more than one screen. Which is how it should be.

#13     Feb 7, 2006
  4. On a slightly more helpful note, you might find that if you run your Windows application using Wine on Linux with KDE and multiple screens that the KDE window manager intervenes and produces the desired result. I'm not sure. It would be interesting to know if anybody has tried this.

#14     Feb 7, 2006
  5. Not too sure what you need that Ensign has that you can't get from QT.
    I gave up on Ensign for the reason you don't like it. It's difficult
    to work with in certain areas where as QT is nice and simple.

QT works just fine unless you want to write your own indicators
    or what not. QT has really improved in the last few years...

#15     Feb 7, 2006
  6. gnome

gnome

Along this line, something to try would be 3rd party multi-monitor programs... like the ones which come with Matrox and Nvidia dualhead cards. Perhaps they would intervene and maximize to one screen only. ??? (I have Matrox, but don't use its multimonitor program)

#16     Feb 7, 2006
  7. just21

just21

#17     Feb 7, 2006
  8. I trade forex and futures and need lots of historical data for one. Don't want to have to go look it up. Also, backfill with certain markets is a hassle with QT. QT was primarily designed for equity traders.

#18     Feb 7, 2006
  9. Actually, I used to do exactly this with Appian's Hydravision. It screwed up other aspects of my desktop though. Don't exactly remember what as this was a couple years ago.

#19     Feb 7, 2006
  10. Jayford - the new QT version has dynamic historical charts which have full backfill support for sources like IQFeed, eSignal, etc. So you no longer need to go elsewhere to look it up. Also adding TPO Profile (Market Profile). Both Futures and Forex would not be a problem

#20     Feb 7, 2006