TA question plus some psych stuff

Discussion in 'Trading' started by neo_hr, Jan 20, 2002.

#11     Jan 21, 2002
  2. duff..

i didnt mean to imply that you are somehow blind to similarities.. thats not the case at all.. its just that when faced with something new, your mind is much more likely to notice differences first..

rtharp..

=) i dont know you well enough.. duff and i have been in a few "discussions" so ive read more of his stuff..

its pretty easy to tell if your mind is predisposed to matching or mismatching.. take out 1, 5, and 10 dollar bills.. now, lay them on the table so that they are all visible.. get a sheet of paper and write 10 things about their relationship..

a matcher will see that they are all US currency.. they are the same size.. they are in the same language.. they are all made of paper, etc..

a mismatcher will see that they are all different values.. that maybe one is face down while the others are face up.. etc..

generally, people people tend to be matchers and analytical types are mismatchers.. but we are all a combination of both.. its just that one is usually more dominant..

i used to use this all the time in my sales job.. its important to be able to anticipate that a mismatcher will disagree with you.. and its helpful to know that you can be more direct in your leading of a matcher.. but its not a holy grail, just a technique that can be used to increase the odds of a sale..

-qwik

#12     Jan 22, 2002
  3. ALEX, for any kind of a swing trade,or even a good %day trade,like to look on a 1 year or 2 year chart...................With your moving average,and looking for example for as little resistance as possible[long],see why i like QLGC better than RNWK?.................................[2]Some times i go to a 2 year or 5 year chart but 1 year is easy to read.........................[3]Support as of 1/22.pm seems to be slightly better for QLGC,guessed you were looking for suggestions for trimming the list..........................................[4]I'm a melancholy-phlegmatic,nicknamed thinker-watcher.Alex,sounds like part of your[trading] personality is phlegmatic,nicknamed watcher,we have to be careful to work 12 hours or so a day or we'll be lazy.......................................[doubled checked that one thru personality profile,back of book,Florence Littauer-How to get Along with Difficult People,excellant.............................:) [5]Does number [1] make sense?

#13     Jan 22, 2002
  4. What an awesome statement Duff

#14     Jan 22, 2002
  5. YEAH AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

ITS MY CANDY :D :D :D :D

#15     Jan 22, 2002
  6. Qwik,

I'm obviously a mismatcher. Do you have any advice for a "mismatcher" trying to learn trading stocks?

#16     Jan 22, 2002
  7. neo_hr

neo_hr

Yes Murray_T_Turtle, It makes sense! THX guys!

#17     Jan 23, 2002