TA/FA Nov 26-Dec8

Discussion in 'Trading' started by G_Morgan, Nov 26, 2001.

1. This thread is to be dedicated to making technical or fundamental calls of any nature of any time length to any stock or index or option of any sort.

I'll start it off:

IDCO broke it's 50-day EMA today (though it recovered), after having proceeded upwards in a smooth uptrend for roughly a year.
    Support is significant at 10, the confluence of the 200 day EMA and a recent sharp inversion point.
    Resistance is significant at 15 (proof is clearest in the long-term logarithmic chart).
    My suggestion would be a buy slightly above 10, looking for a rebound from that support level, with a stop employed slightly below 10.

EMLX, QLGC, and BRCD all have positive 15-day MF divergences.

My suggestion is a buy of QLGC on a breaking of the (sloppy) bull flag and the 200-day EMA. This allows for a stop below those pivot points if resistance is overcome.

Notes: Negative ST divergence (5-day) with EMLX and BRCD. Positive MT divergence (6-mo).

2. Somehow it posted that before I clicked post.
    Oh well...

Was just going to add that EMLX 1-mo mf still has neg div.
    BRCD broke its sloppy bull-flag abt a week ago.
    EMLX res is further away.
    A good prelim target is probably 59.5 or when EMLX hits its 200 or when BRCD hits 39.5 (whichever happens first).

Also, QLGC has been consolidating abv its 200 day SMA.

3. One more:
    SEIC ~25c above here
    reason: break-out very slightly beyond strong resistance today on high volume after low volume congestion.
    Pos MF divergence

4. janko

janko

by looking at one of your examples, i was wondering why would one use SMA over EMA, for example look at EMLX, the sma 200 is at 28.03 so in this case you could start making some bulish assumptions that emlx might be getting above the 200 ma and is showing some strength, so in that case 32+ are not that far fetched for resistance. BUT if you look at the EMA 200 which is at 30.29 you could make an argument that emlx might top out there as it has bounced its head on the 30 number before. So i guess even with the SMA at 28.03 you could still say that there is a lot of resistance at 29-30, but one would start possibly look further as a stock that is above its 200 ma is showing some strength and might have some more steam left in it. Of course this is without taking into consideration the nasdaq levels and overall market level. Just simply looking at EMLX. And the same thing could be said for FNSR.>>>>Any thoughts???

5. Maybe we should have a thread about what's gonna happen the next day. That'd be funny... especially since you can no longer erase nor edit your posts:)

This thread is to be dedicated to making technical or fundamental calls of any nature of any time length to any stock or index or option of any sort.

Better to stick to very short term "calls" and based only on technicals, there are other boards for would be analysts

6. Janko--up to the trader.
    I look to MAs that have shown themselves to be meaningful for a stock/group of stocks/etc.

7. Kicking--

"Better to stick to very short term 'calls' and based only on technicals, there are other boards for would be analysts"

This is only my 5th post, and I'd rather not come out swinging, so lets just call this a difference of opinion...
    For now...

:cool:

~Morgan

8. CY, spotted by Terry Bedford looks pretty good, though res is pretty heavy @ 29, and MF is only so-so. Anyway, Terry is definately someone to watch.
    Catch him in the strat lab @ moneycentral.msn.com

(recap of my suggestions:
    QLGC, SEIC have done very well
    IDCO never hit the entrance target; would cancel this limit order now)