TA end of year poll

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dtrader98, Nov 26, 2007.

Will S&P stay within constructed channel bounds by end of the year?

1. S&P will stay in drawn channel to end of year

28 vote(s)
    54.9%
  2. S&P will not stay in channel by end of year (when pigs fly)

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. I have no idea and am not willing to make any opinion

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. [​IMG]

1st poll here. Feel free to chime in to support your feelings on TA validity.

2. Where's all our opinionated posters?
    C'mon here's your chance to state your opinion before the fact.

It's sitting right on the line, so easy blow through either direction in next few days.

3. congrats so far to the 6 bold posters that took a stand. The p/c ratio hit an inflection pt. and unlike those who are saying there is no fear, it is normal for the fear to subside when a change in sentiment is beginning to take place.

It is rare for put/call to spike and hit an inflection pt. then turn back around abruptly.

Congrats to the other 7 voters who were at least brave enough to take some stand.

There is still plenty of time to vote, the year's not over yet.

4. It is an interesting poll, but it is really hard to have an edge extending beyond a week or so in this market. The sentiment-driven rally of yesterday and today has triggered sell (but not short) signals in my trading model, so I have taken all my trading longs off the table.

I vote for no edge!

5. Not looking so impossible after all, eh?
    Don't underestimate the strings that can be pulled for wall street bonus time.

As you can see, they are pretty big strings.

6. trend is still alive. Where's all the bears, only a few days left to break the trend.

Any last minute converts?

7. ammo

ammo

d trader,nice chart,does it work as well as it should....can you update it or tell me where i can look it up? thnx

8. Happy Holidays ET!

[​IMG]

9. yeah thats great, but from now until 1/6 or so the market is more than likely to run........... higher.

10. Doesn't look like it's going to break the channel this year. Congrats to those who called it earlier on. As I recall there were only 6 who were brave enough to make the call on the 1st post. Rest of posters waited till AFTER market confirmed to make a decision. As for the bears, hope you learned something about sentiment.

#10     Dec 28, 2007