TA education

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cortez27, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Well, whatever works for you is fine. I trade momentum and it does good for me. So I'll just keep making money using something that doesn't work. (pssst Please don't tell my trading account that I am using TA, it has no idea where the money is coming from and I don't want to ruin a good thing)

Good luck in your endeavors.

Curious though, what method do you use? Also, on what time frame?

#41     Nov 19, 2007
  2. You've made my point precisely.

Everyone else's research is consistent with your "feelings".
    Everyone else's research was done a good while back.
    Everyone else's research didn't encompass any new data.
    And finally . . . you have done no research or study of your own to be able to come to your OWN conclusions. Your opinions are simple borrowed from someone else.

Likewise . . . Good luck in all you do.

#42     Nov 20, 2007
  3. that should put a cork in it ...

#43     Nov 20, 2007
  4. RCan you think all daytraders trade off fundamentals??

I would like to hear you thoughts of how successful daytraders trade? I have 6+ years of six figure income from daytrading and I know zilch about fundamentals. How am I able to daytrade?

#44     Nov 20, 2007
  5. Great, then post your broker statements, Otherwise, anecdotal testimonies are not proof of TA efficacy.

#45     Nov 20, 2007
  6. I used to post my daily P&L here for 2005 and 2006. Below is a link to the 2006 P&L thread. I posted there from Jan-mid Nov 2006 everyday. I trade 100% off technical analysis (my own recipe), I dont use any fundamentals in my trading decision making. If you care to go through the entire link you can see my P&L. I started posting screen shots when I learned how in February. Perhaps this will shine a little light on whether people can make money using technical analysis. For the year I made 230K. I know this is not a fortune but the consistency through which I was able to make this shows that there is value in TA if learned properly.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61514&highlight=trader+P/L+2006

#46     Nov 20, 2007
  7. What reason do I have to lie to you?!?!?!?

My broker statements are my business pal, take a hike. If you dont believe me, really I could give a rats ass. If you want to stay in the dark, stay there!

#47     Nov 20, 2007
  8. did you choose to ignore steve's P&L link in which he attributes his success to TA? Are those numbers not real enough for you pal?

#48     Nov 20, 2007
  9. .....and here comes the photoshop accusation....

#49     Nov 20, 2007
  10. BSAM

BSAM

(Speee.....Rcanfiel----Let it go bro. You're in a losing trade. If you can't make TA work, let others make their own decisions.)

#50     Nov 20, 2007