TA education

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cortez27, Nov 14, 2007.

1. you cannot be that naive. Do a little study about something called "trading costs" like commission, fees, slippage, data feeds.

Then see how well a person does by doing the opposite of a random strategy minus those costs. Did you ever get past 3rd grade math?

Where do these idiots come from?

#21     Nov 17, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

I read some of there stuff and it gave me a he ad ache.

I'm glad I don't have to understand these damn tools to make money with them. :p

#22     Nov 17, 2007
  3. Combine the right interpretation of price action and a classic TA pattern and you'll have yourself a high probability setup. Take the exact same "appearing" TA setup but the wrong corresponding PA and you'll have a setup of low probability. The problem is that most people either dont know how to read PA or dont want to and only want to trade TA setups. Charts will print the same patterns over and over but its understanding HOW the chart was printed that will lead you to know when a trade is worth making and when its not.

#23     Nov 17, 2007

4. >rcanfiel

Trading costs are not the point here, and are of concern mainly
    to daytraders. One or two ticks can cover all costs and barely
    dent the profits of short, intermediate and long term traders.

So, as I said,

If you are so convinced that TA doesn't work,
    then the obvious thing for you to do is to learn all you
    can about TA and then do just the opposite of what
    your analysis indicates to do!!

If TA doesn't work, prove it!! Prove us wrong and make
    money doing so!!

#24     Nov 18, 2007
  5. Great, then since the MTA`s definition of TA is the study of price action we can agree that TA has value.

How do you trade anyhow? I am curious, is it fundies, quant, fusion, information...hunch?

Good trading to you! (no matter what works!)

#25     Nov 18, 2007
  6. there is no such thing as 'TA per se'. There are TA based trading systems and strategies. Your request 'prove that TA works' is equal to 'give me profitable TA based strategy for free'. He-he :D

Nobody will share profitable strategy just to prove something to somebody. Do you understand it? If you are looking for trading ideas - this forum is very good place. The are real TA traders here who make money consistently.

One more question, just logical quiz. Can you prove that TA did not work? :D

#26     Nov 18, 2007
  7. Don't be thick. Since you didn't understand the post, I will repeat. Read more carefully this time:

you cannot be that naive. Do a little study about something called "trading costs" like commission, fees, slippage, data feeds.

Then see how well a person does by doing the opposite of a random strategy minus those costs. Did you ever get past 3rd grade math?

Where do these idiots come from?

#27     Nov 19, 2007
  8. IF PA works and TA does not, then trying to combine them does not add a multiplicative value...

#28     Nov 19, 2007
    #29     Nov 19, 2007
    #30     Nov 19, 2007