TA doesn't work because ...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kut2k2, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I tested every indicator and know exactly why they don't work.

Lag time for entry and the Lag time for exits eat all of the profit and create a very deep hole. That is not even accounting for commissions.

If you want something real to study check out this classic Elite Trader thread.

#11     Aug 9, 2012
  2. Boss429

Boss429

Even an idiot can succed with TA.

#12     Aug 9, 2012
  3. You fools are trying to trade technical indicators as they are packaged?? Get creative, the market doesn't reward cookie cutter thinkers.

#13     Aug 9, 2012
  4. yesterday's charts showed prices girations related to yesterday's supply and demand , what is today's demand supply i.e buyers sellers?

#14     Aug 9, 2012
  5. Handle123

Handle123

If you are expecting when X crosses Y is a signal, then you will never be able to use indicators. And I mean "use" them, they are a Tool, just like Price action is a Tool.

Too many just try to optimize and then say something doesn't work, ie. like tell a doctor "hey, don't use an EKG, it isn't going to make me any better", but it can save your life.

#15     Aug 9, 2012
  6. Digs

Digs

Indicators are only good for:

Cycles
    Divergence
    Volatility
    Trend

You dont need 100 forumlas to tell you the above

#16     Aug 9, 2012
  7. Technical analysis works just fine.

#17     Aug 9, 2012
  8. NoDoji

NoDoji

Thank you for this stunning example of TA at its finest!

It was indeed very, very bad, but thanks to the powerful nature of a rare and technically foreboding chart pattern, the alert investor was able to take profits and reverse short just as the SPY initiated a 70 point freefall from the date of that post.

It's taken nearly 4 years for price to return to the vampire tooth level!

#18     Aug 9, 2012
  9. Do you mean to imply that yesterday's transactions do not effect today's potential?

As if levered longs getting margin calls today will have any money tomorrow.....

As if large limit buyers last week will suddenly abandon their holdings....

Or do you mean to imply that winning traders don't eventually get the majority of the chips? As if they don't specialize in anticipating the dysfunctional behavior of anonymous gamblers in large groups.....

Are you trying to say that irrational behavior does not paint the chart with distinct patternz?

#19     Aug 9, 2012
  10. What happened on yesterday's charts often has no indication of the same participants behaving exactly the same today.What is often missing from historical charts is crowd psychology ,news flow and price drivers , each day it is different.

#20     Aug 10, 2012