TA does work because ...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kut2k2, Aug 9, 2012.

1. dartmus

dartmus

'cubicle cowboy'
    'internet cowboy'

#51     Oct 4, 2015
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Stop the insanity.

There are only four(!)rules in that bullshit test. The designations are TT-a-b, TI-a-b, D-a-b-c-d and E-a-b-c-d

Presumably one of those is the classic price/MA crossover.

Looking at MA1/MAx with x varying from 2 to 205 isn't 204 different rules, it's one rule with 204 different parameter sets. The same applies to the other three rules, whatever the hell they are.

As far as testing goes, Aronson is a joke and so are you.

#52     Oct 4, 2015
    d08 and dartmus like this.
  3. You guys still tickling each other's nut sacks over this asinine question of whether TA works or not?!?!?! Who gives a @#$% if it does or does not and anyone who wastes a breath trying to prove one or the other is obviously not a real trader with too much time on their hands to argue over nonsense. I seriously hope this is a joke because I cannot believe you guys expect to pull your pants down and s#hit some results of a study done to prove anything. Take your TA, FA, price action, Minnie Drivers and go make some @#$%ing money and STFU. Reading this is like listening to two hamsters screw in an empty Doritos Bag with Kenny G playing saxophone with his pecker.

Anonymous arguing over something when the real answer is nothing works, it all depends on how you trade and guesstimate. Now whether you choose to spit or swallow this reality is up to you but for @#$%'s suck stop stroking this sausage already and move on.

#53     Oct 5, 2015
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Who the fuck are you and wtf makes you think anybody gives a shit about your disapproval of this subject? If you don't like the topic, just hit the back button and stop acting like a little bitch.

Grow up.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    #54     Oct 5, 2015
    oraclewizard77, d08 and Redneck like this.
  5. Redneck

Redneck

^ +1

=======================

Make up your mind

Also suggest contacting Dr. Ruth - you need help

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Westheimer

RN

#55     Oct 5, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  6. i960

i960

To give Mike some benefit of the doubt - we have like 5+ TA/Anti-TA/TA works/doesn't work threads going on - it's been beaten to death and nobody has convinced either side of anything. At the end of the day just trade what works for you.

#56     Oct 5, 2015
    Mike Okistini likes this.
  7. Redneck

Redneck

My stance is all TA works - prove me wrong please (open to anyone)

Is some more optimal than other - no question..., and obviously when used in it's commensurate environment

No matter..., it all works

So like I've stated - prove me wrong - please

===============

This person obviously has issues - none of which..., are pertinent to this thread..., TA..., my stance..., or me shutting another member down

Good Trading to You Sir

RN

#57     Oct 5, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

These threads are often revelatory. For example, in this thread, we just learned that the much-lauded Aronson testing of "6400 rules" turns out to be a testing of a measly 4 rules under many different parameter sets. That puts an entirely different perspective to the ending of Aronson's book. Because information like that only comes out in dribs and drabs, it took more than one thread to learn that.

There are other topics in ET that are "done to death" but there is no outcry for their cessation. My advice: avoid the threads that bore you or annoy you. Freedom of speech and all that jazz.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    #58     Oct 5, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  9. d08

d08

Read the book, it was the last book I got since while mildly interesting, it didn't help me in the real trading world at all and time is much better spent elsewhere.
    The author had apparently failed in trading and wanted to make some money from all the time he had invested in studying the markets, just like most book authors in this category.

But I also read "Trade like a hedge fund" and that was a complete waste of money, Altucher apparently had discovered Wealth-Lab at the time and was eager to show his 20 trade backtests (which don't matter AT ALL).

#59     Oct 5, 2015
    kut2k2 and dartmus like this.
  10. Lol, i made a killing with several of Altucher's strategies -- and your only showing your ignorance about the sources of the strategies --/. Yes, i agree many of the strats in the book are outdated now, but some remain extremely effective.

Regarding aronson-- if objective methods and the proven truth disturb u, then i agree, avoid this book!

Surf

#60     Oct 5, 2015