TA does work because ...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kut2k2, Aug 9, 2012.

1. There's your problem, stop focusing on what threads on forums say and actually read the good books. Forums nowadays suck and are filled with crap from 95% losing traders. Years ago, the content was much better and structured around actual market mechanics, order flow, liquidity reactions to key themes and other catalysts, gaining an edge, exploiting inefficiencies, interpretations sentiment, etc. Nowadays you'll get one good one pop up once in a while but 90% of them are garbage especially if you wanna stay in this game for the long haul.

Most wanna be traders here are either 1) lazy, or 2) can't think for themselves. You have to be able to cut through the crap and find the useful nuggets when you read anything. Don't focus on books that show how easy it is to become a millionaire through trading or give this super awesome system that will make you rich in no time with you not having to watch. Read books on market structure like Larry Harris's Trading and Exchanges, Order Flow Trading for Fun and Profit, etc. Read books on global macroeconomics, intermarket analysis, and others. There are actually a lot of good books out there and I'm not going to name them all. Most traders look for the easiest and most exciting way to trade. The fact of the matter is really learning how markets work is boring yet it's that information that you can exploit to make profits. Trading is a skill like any other and must be learned through the right knowledge and experience. This profession is no different or easier to learn than a med student going to med school to become a doctor. And I'm glad it isn't because if it was easy then more traders would be profitable and there would be less fish to fry.

Leaving the forums and concentrating on learning the markets and building your own edge is actually one of the best advices you can receive.

#21     Oct 3, 2015
  2. markets move on supply and demand.

#22     Oct 3, 2015
  3. Really dude that's all you have to say? Haha.

There are forces and catalysts that's affect supply and demand and there are much more than TA and much stronger forces than TA.

I don't know what point you're trying to make with that broad statement.

#23     Oct 3, 2015
  4. dartmus

dartmus

Price moves because I enter a position in anticipation of buyers or sellers entering positions. Price also moves when I exit flat or stop and reverse if the anticipated buyers or sellers didn't enter with the urgency I anticipated.

#24     Oct 3, 2015
  5. kut2k2

kut2k2

FFS why did I even bother to post that link?

You lot are all just blithely ignoring it. Well, no help for the willfully ignorant and otherwise oblivious. But at least I tried.

#25     Oct 3, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  6. In case none of you got it, all you need to do is buy when price value increases by 10%

#26     Oct 3, 2015
    pauk likes this.
  7. dartmus

dartmus

I followed the link but didn't want to post my analysis because I am on your side supporting TA and imo that's not a good example. Sorry.

#27     Oct 3, 2015
    FXTraderSK likes this.
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

Did YOU get it? I'm not the one begging for a system or proof of a system. Already got my own. But before cavalierly dismissing HNS's system, at least try it in sim. Might be a pleasant surprise.

#28     Oct 3, 2015
  9. What would you rather us say?

Wow! This dude is posting texts and numbers on a thread! He totally showed us how you could make 300% in 47 years!!

Dude, that's not the least bit impressive. Pretty pathetic actually especially when it's not even hard evidence.

#29     Oct 3, 2015
    pauk likes this.
  10. kut2k2

kut2k2

Success is whatever works. Is it the best system? Of course not. Is it one of the best? Probably not. But those looking for anything that works or for those demanding proof, it seems like a good place to start. Maybe it has run out of steam like the Turtle system. Maybe not. No way of knowing without testing it. But like I said, that's up to others. Already got my own system (proprietary) ready to go. Just waiting on my hardware situation to get resolved.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    #30     Oct 3, 2015
    dartmus likes this.