TA does work because ...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kut2k2, Aug 9, 2012.

1. romik

romik

And I am waiting on a list of managers that don't implement TA (referencing historical data to help forecast).

#91     Oct 9, 2015
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There's already a list of Hedge Funds that do use TA versus a list of Hedge Funds do not use TA...a specific manager within each firm is not listed and the type of TA being used is not explained.

Note: Usually mentioned as fundamentals, technical analysis and macroeconomics in combo.

Reminder, some hedge funds do not have a strategist technical analyst. Instead, they subscribe to something like FuturesTechs.co.uk and there's others out there that Hedge Funds subscribes to their TA services. For example, Tom Demark of Demark Analytics provides professional advice to many hedge funds like George Soros Fund Management (now listed as family owned), Omega Advisors (7 billion under management), BlackRock (4 trillion under management) and many others...another example is Bloomberg LP offers TA advice services to many institutions and hedge funds.

P.S. I didn't want to post the above in the thread about "do institutional firms and hedge funds" use TA. Instead, I wanted to post it here in this thread because its not common to see a list of specific manager names at a professional firm that does not use or does use TA.

#92     Oct 10, 2015
    romik likes this.
  3. Whatever works for you -- works for you ;) ...could be one or the other, or a hybrid of something in between. or even voodoo for all i care.
    (i find it silly how people become so passionate and can debate till the end of time.)

#93     Oct 10, 2015
    zbestoch likes this.