T3 Capital

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NoLimitTrader, Mar 11, 2008.

1. quantinator

quantinator Guest

mbgreen says:

work for T3 Capital as well, but im in a private work group company that is somewhat seperate. T3 starts out new trainees with no experience on a 60/40 payout, requiring $2500-$10000 down to start. The training is very good, which is one of the reasons I chose to start with this affiliate company. The payout improves as your buying power increases and is capped i believe at 90/10. As far as I know there are 20-30 traders there who swing over million dollar lines, but I'm sort of new so I'm not exactly sure about the capital picture. You get a paycheck monthly and I dont believe they allow withdrawals from your accout. Hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I went there to see the website and see what they were all about. I have to say I was not impressed. They have the ticker that displays the P/L and number of shares each of the top ten traders trade. The trader who sits next to me in our group trades 5 times the volume of the top ten guys and 5 times the P/L. My impression from T-3 was that it is strictly for pikers.

#51     Feb 28, 2009
  2. I heard that only a few guys know how to trade at T3 and the rest of the big money traders are actually trading demo accounts and telling everyone that it's real money....

#52     Mar 1, 2009
  3. rudy376

rudy376

Are the guys at T3 struggling these days too with the market volume so light? I'd be curious to hear if those guys changed up their strategy at all. I hear they have some good traders.

#53     Mar 1, 2009
  4. "I heard that only a few guys know how to trade at T3 and the rest of the big money traders are actually trading demo accounts and telling everyone that it's real money...."

I trade at T3 and can tell you that there are plenty of great traders at T3 many with different styles. There is nothing fake about the firm and you can actually see the top ten P&L's in the firm if you log in to T3Live.com. Nothing is fake or exaggerated at T3......the numbers speak for themselves.

#54     Apr 12, 2009
  5. "Are the guys at T3 struggling these days too with the market volume so light? I'd be curious to hear if those guys changed up their strategy at all. I hear they have some good traders."

I did a free trial w/ T3Live.com and came across this post in my research before I join their site. They certainly weren't struggling this week. These guys killed it on Friday as I'm sure many traders did w/ the bank rally. The top guy on the leaderboard made almost $80k! My guess is it was Mark Sperling, one of the guys they have mic'd up on the virtual trade floor. He was long all the banks early in the day. Can anyone verify that it was Mark? If I join, its playing w/ house money, as they made me $$ this week.

#55     Apr 12, 2009
  6. Hello, can anyone give me some advice about joining this firm? What are the educational requirements? What's the interview process like? I'm inexperienced, and have the money for training fee or capital deposit or whatever it is they charge.

#56     Jun 25, 2009
  7. does T3 capital hold securities licenses?

#57     Jun 26, 2009
  8. Does anyone know what the training fee or capital deposit is? I've read $10,000.

#58     Jun 26, 2009
  9. I was quoted 15K. Do you guys really believe their PNL's on the screen. Are they allowed to post traders PNL's and positions that are real? What happens if I want to opt out do they allow that?

#59     Jun 29, 2009
  10. Yes... some T3 guys make a lot of money. Five figure days was nothing usual... especially in Fall of 2008.

Anything over 5k is a lot to put up as a newer guy though (recent grad). All those firms play a numbers game. They will have 10 guys and they only expect one or two to make it. Those lucky few will make up for other trainee's loses (if allowed to trade past their initial contribution deposit).

#60     Jun 29, 2009