T3 Capital

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NoLimitTrader, Mar 11, 2008.

1. jd7419

jd7419

T3 is owned by Mark Sperling. I used to trade at broadway trading years ago when I met Mark. I wasn't in his group but I can say that year after year he is one of the best traders that I have ever seen. Some of the numbers he has put up would be laughed away on the pl board as fake which they are not.

#31     Nov 13, 2008
  2. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

T3 cares about one thing,making money. do they really give a shit about their traders? gimme me a friggin break. HOWEVER,
    they do seem like nice guys and they are VERY VERY GOOD TRADERS. they certainly put me to shame. i am not pumping them,i am just being honest.

#32     Nov 13, 2008
  3. coolice

coolice

Right on the money... I was just curious and subscribed to their service. Was listening
    to the morning calls and radio. Good strategy in trending markets but requires
    large capital drawdown in order to make decent $. They are very good at technical analysis but when a trade fails I don’t know if they don’t say it or just don’t know
    why it failed. There are other factors primarily affecting equity movements
    beside what they are talking about. On daily recaps they are talking about
    great days and great months. Depends on for whom. For their firm I bet it is because higher trading volume and subscription revenue.
    They are primarily selling their product….they would not wan to daytrade forever.
    On the top of the website I would also like to see the biggest losers listed every day…
    So overall : No, Thank You……Stay away……

#33     Nov 14, 2008
  4. LOL @ traders complaining about someone else wanting to making money.

It's one thing to have issues with corporate strategy, risk tolerance, trader education, deal terms, etc... that's fine, point taken.

But to come on a trading/investment message board and complain that another for-profit entity you want services from is only about money is asinine. They care about their employees about as much as the next company whether it be Goldman, JP Morgan... shit McDonalds, Old Navy, whoever... its all the same shit.

Have an idea of what it's going to take to make you happy and profitable, if it doesn't work for you move on.

#34     Nov 14, 2008
  5. Failed trades/ideas are routinely brought up in the chat and during meetings, those are the best teaching tools.

... please name a trading firm that does not want higher trading volume and increased subscriptions for their education, in essence to make more money... I'll wait.

How many firms can back it up with good education, big time profitable traders and ideas, not many. I've traded for firms that pump their education and trading profitability, only to come in and see the manager making $400 on a good day.

Significant time and capital investment is needed to really make money in this business... people looking for free/low cost education, 95% payout, minimal ticket costs while putting up very little in risk capital... need to go find 9-5 jobs with no downside.

Coolice sounds like you made the right call for you...good luck with that. For everyone else:

Positives - Education, trading talent at the firm, trading ideas, communication, aggressive style, upside potential, varied trading styles, no problem with paychecks

Negatives - competitive payout and ticket structure can be beat by other firms... risk capital needed... extremely tough for new traders to join

#35     Nov 14, 2008
  6. mews

mews

I don't actually think that they take any risk capital in. I think that traders that trade for T3 are on the firms dime and are hired by the firm.

I know some people that work there and while they definitely pay higher and give up a bigger split than other people in the biz, the ones that are making money couldn't be happier there.

It really depends on the level that you are at, for beginners that can get in there or first ny or schonfeld or any other place that is willing to hire and train, that is probably the best possible scenario. For existing profitable traders that don't want or need that type of attention or that type of trading environment, other places might be more suitable.

#36     Nov 14, 2008
  7. coolice

coolice

All the pauses, hard breathing and smashing keyboards, cursing
    etc …on the radio. On the daily recap..:” I hope You guys made $…We should have made… I hope… We hope.. You hope….I don’t know…Just keep paying the monthly
    fees ….I was at the gym…
    Dudes ..is this what you want to do for life…( hahaha) Think about it
    Hey everybody ! There are better trading careerpaths out there …
    I have been listening to the radio during the day because I have neutral positions and not much to do…I was just bored…. But now it is becoming ridiculous… I am out…

#37     Nov 14, 2008
  8. jd7419

jd7419

Sounds alot like any prop floor. Back when I was at schonfeld a kid who was very strange used to punch himself in the head after every bad trade. Are they just broadcasting the people smashing keyboards or are they calling out trades etc?

#38     Nov 14, 2008
  9. coolice

coolice

They are calling out trades and they do work many times but the point is that this is not a viable strategy for the long run. When you are in your early twenties it works b/c after giving back all the $ you made in the first half of the year, your parents let you stay….
    But later when you have wife and kids you better be the of the owner of a prop bucket shop collecting deposits and commissions and fees or otherwise you cannot tell your children when asking for dinner that recently the Spyders were moving in a funny way and you lost it all……Do not expect your family to understand that it is ok that you lost big and “others having a hard time too……..”

#39     Nov 14, 2008
  10. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i listened to the daily recap a few times;my friend subscribed for a few months. everytime the dow whipsawed severely with no discernable pattern and closed down over 300 points. the guy Redler i think would always come on and over enthusiastically say "good afternoon,welcome to T3 live,what a great day for traders". yeah right.

#40     Nov 15, 2008