T1 line

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ggoyal, Aug 15, 2008.

1. paden

paden

anybody know the ping address for TOS?

#21     Aug 16, 2008
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i had a sprint t1 full class c 255 ip's and arin membership under the name quant vantage llc

i say that so u may think i know what i'm talking about cause i don't think these idiots here ever had a t1 so how would they know it's not better than there cheap dsl and cable "what a joke"

even a isdn dedicated is better than dsl and cable - make sure it is a t1 from a major carrier and not as second tier provider.

ok now speed - dummies it's not about download speed - crap!

it's all about hops and access time, try anywhere on the backbone in 2 ms that's right 2 ms. cable is just bouncing around looking for a route.

mark brown

2- dual wan boxes with t1, cable, evdo wireless and dial up - auto failover and enough car batteries and ups to keep it up all day.

www.markbrown.com/ups.html

#22     Aug 17, 2008
  3. paden

paden

Found it

According to TOS, if you want to test theirs, use rainbow.thinkorswim.com

#23     Aug 17, 2008
  4. segv

segv

So you paid $500 annually for membership rights, $1250 annually for an IP allocation you probably did not need, and $300 additional monthly for your T1-over-HDSL service? That is a grand total of $5350 in additional annual expenses that you paid for an equivalent technology, and on the behalf of Sprint shareholders everywhere, I would like to publicly thank you for your business.

#24     Aug 17, 2008
  5. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i would pay 20 grand a month to be contacted in ADVANCE of when i was going to be without service. that is exactly what sprint does they call you and email you that they are going to take the service down usually on a sunday morning early.

when your trading millions in funds its not just speed its dependability that counts, and ps the sprint for t1's isnt the same company as the cell service duh!

mb

#25     Aug 17, 2008
  6. segv

segv

I consider that to be a bare minimum requirement in business-class internet service. You can get the same level of service with business-class DSL from Sprint for much less money.

You are missing the point, but I will try to tell you again. Your T1 circuit is delivered over DSL, into the same equipment, at the same central office, to the same backbone (in the cast of Sprint), as your DSL circuit.

ROFL. Yes, it is the same company, duh! See the latest 10-Q.

#26     Aug 17, 2008
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

Sprintlink IP/MPLS/Peerless IP

same company? call and ask them for cell service. its like saying the fbi, atf and cia are all the same company cause they are under the same gov. duh!

Single-hop access minimises delay and provides direct access to our fibre backbone.

http://www.sprintworldwide.com/english/solutions/bwc/splk_ded_ip.html

mb

ps glad you like your cheap dsl funnel of doom.

#27     Aug 17, 2008
  8. JackR

JackR

Mark:

I've got a problem with 2 ms anywhere on the backbone.

Let's say the backbone is 2000 statute miles long. So end-to-end that is about 3,218 kilometers.

Light travels at 300,000 kilometers per second in a vacuum. So:

3218 kilometers / 300000 Kps

= .010729 or 10.729 milliseconds (ms)

We then add a fiber optic delay factor of about 35% as the light is traveling in a fiber optic cable and not a vacuum. Thus, the total transmission medium delay will be about 15 ms.

A 200 mile distance would be 10% of the 2000 mile number or 1.5ms and a 700 mile delay about 5 ms.

This does not include the delay introduced by the router at each end but it would be very small.

Where did you get the 2 ms number from? Perhaps your actual numbers from your own location to wherever you were going?

Jack

#28     Aug 17, 2008
  9. segv

segv

Perhaps he pulled those numbers out of his dark and plenty? I will leave this thread to those who enjoy having the last word.

#29     Aug 18, 2008
  10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

word

#30     Aug 29, 2008