T1 line - How Much?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by equity_guy, Nov 2, 2005.

1. You must be using weekly charts. What happens when packets are lost by the CP on the way there because they had a run-in with a jet engine? Are those orders lost in pigeon-space or do you get a second pigeon rushing back to notify you?

Also, $100 is pretty cheap for the kind of fire you need to generate the smoke needed to pass your orders to Chicago from California. If I recall correctly, you are placing orders once a year probably. When you do, you end up burning 1000's of acres of dry brush and 100's of houses in the process like last year. Right? :D

Cheers!

#41     Dec 10, 2005
  2. Everybody knows that you cant get firewood in Santa Barbara ....... people in that region of the coast simply burn dollar bills .....

#42     Dec 10, 2005
  3. 1) Where do you live?

Boise ID

2) what phone company?

the circuit is provided by Qwest

3) What T1 provider are you using?

Idacomm, a subsidiary of the local power company. They've been aggressive in their resale of T1 and DSL services. The service support has been outstanding. A friend had their DSL and was super happy with it so I gave them a chance.

4) How many years is your contract? 1

5) Was the CSU/DSU included at no cost?

What's CSU/DSU?

6) How much was installation?

$450

This is an internet T1, not point to point. Also, they have an uptime guarantee with refunds involved, but I've come nowhere near triggering it.

I understand Qwest now offers a business grade DSL with uptime and bandwidth guarantees. Perhaps I'll revisit the issue when my contract is up, assuming DSL has made it to my neighborhood by then.

#43     Dec 10, 2005
  4. Well,

Lately we've been using escrow and refinancing paperwork from the title companies due to the recent housing boom - but the supply is drying up these months.

Dollar bills are always the last resort. Also, Santa Barbara uses 1 dollar bills (cheapskates). Here in Montecito we use 20 dollar bills minumum.

Mike

#44     Dec 10, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

Well I traded in the Cbot for a desk. I also traded from a condo in Lincoln Park. I ran TT and CQG on an RCN cable modem. There are more companies to choose from now (I think?). Everything worked well. I never had any problems and that was when I was scalping quite a bit in the minis.

I will be surprised if you need a T1.

By the way, when it comes to F71. I have checked out his numbers on a variety of things in the past. He tends to be right on the money.

#45     Dec 10, 2005