T-REX Journal - "Scalping 101"

Discussion in 'Journals' started by T-REX, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-REX

T-REX

try saving it to your hardrive 1st. then you should be able to open it.

#61     Dec 28, 2003
  2. T-REX

T-REX

We will discuss the Swing Vix in our next discussion.
    "The Investors Edge" is another name for the "hotlist" that was offered awhile ago. PulseScan is the Technical Indicator used to build the "Swing Vix".

Furthermore, you will not find anything that I am teaching you here on the internet. I do not have a public website nor do I intend on doing so. This journal is for ET users only. PERIOD!
    I did have a website awhile back but I no longer use it that is why you can't get on it.

What I do here at ET is "FREE" and will continue to be "FREE".
    I do not want this journal to deteriorate into a discussion about my now defunct website. It just isn't germane to the conversation at hand.

Thank you.

#62     Dec 28, 2003
  3. T-REX

T-REX

This journal is only a few days old. I had an interruption when my son took ill so I was unable to continue at that time. We will pick up from where we left off and I will explain everything that you need to know.

It would be to your advantage to discard everything that you think you already know and free your mind from most of the garbage that has been paraded around in the market.

I'm not saying that you are not a seasoned trader or that anybody else who reads this journal isn't but that I believe that you can learn something of value that you previously did not know.

Furthermore, if you are already consistently profitable then you are wasting your time reading this journal. This journal is for those that ARE NOT consistently profitable and what to improve themselves.

Why would you want to waste time with this journal when you could be improving your already profitable strategy?

#63     Dec 28, 2003
  4. traderob

traderob

How do you calculate pivots on the dax Scientist?

BTW I trade the hang seng - as training for the dax.
    Robert

#64     Dec 28, 2003
  5. T-REX

T-REX

#65     Dec 28, 2003
  6. Calculate? LOL I could give you the formula, but I think you're making it too hard for yourself. Use a plugin. I still use "YodaPivotPointAll.efs" from Woodie's site, but I think eSignal has it on efs, too. Essentially, it's just; Pivot, S1, S2, S3, S4, R1, R2, R3, R4.

HSI? LOL are you kidding? It's like "I'm just at the range firing 22mm semi-automatic pistols - as training for the air rifle."

Here I referred to some of my own HSI ventures:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=396157&highlight=hong+kong#post396157
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=394479&highlight=hong+kong#post394479

#66     Dec 28, 2003
  7. T-REX

T-REX

With all due respect roberk
    This journal is not about pivot points or trading the dax.

Please lets keep it on topic. I will be discussing the next segment soon. In the meantime here is tomorrows charts that we will be focusing on.

#67     Dec 28, 2003
  8. I must be very difficult to trade without news, because it is the news which moves the markets - near-term and long-term. Maybe you should invest in a Bloomberg/Reuters screen?

#68     Dec 28, 2003
  9. T-REX

T-REX

#69     Dec 28, 2003
  10. T-REX

T-REX

With all due respect Baruch
    This journal is not about Bloomberg/Reuters.

Please lets keep it on topic.

p.s. I would beg to differ that the news does not move the market but rather the market already factors in the news i.e. government reports, earnings, etc. The only news that would change the present course of the market would be something like madd cow or 9/11.
    IMHO.
    :)

#70     Dec 28, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.