T-REX Journal - "Scalping 101"

Discussion in 'Journals' started by T-REX, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-REX

T-REX

How can you be made to pay for something that has already been given away for free?

I don't think that I will live forever as you put it so NO I will not be able to give signals forever.:D

#311     Jan 14, 2004
  2. T-Rex,

Congrats on your call yesterday.....credit given where credit is due!

I have a legitmate question re: your plan today. The answer may be buried within the 50-odd pages of this thread, so my apologies if it has been addressed.

You've posted a 14-point range in which there is no actionable area within the short and long targets. Does this mean you will not take any intraday set-ups that form?

If so, then what will the system do if (and hopefully) volitility expands and your obvious actionable targets of S/R continue to be of the "wide" variety?

#312     Jan 14, 2004
  3. So, you were lying in one of these two statements. OK, I understand now.

====================

T-REX - earlier in this thread, this question was asked:

"T-REX, new to this discussion. Please clarify for me - is the system you are trying to teach (?) DEPENDENT on proprietary indicators that you are discussing, or INDEPENDENT of them?"

You answered:
    "Hi kernan.

I just answered that question. db had already asked it awhile back.

The answer is NO. You do not need any proprietary indicators in order to implement the strategy. That should be evident by now."

And you also answered this to a similar question:
    "NO. its use is not necessary for the implementation of my strategy."

Now, your signature line disclaimer says the following:
    "The T-REX Journal "Scalping 101" is solely based on my own proprietary indicators & Discretionary style of trading. The purpose of this journal is to teach those how to read and follow the 2 Bar Charlie SCALP METHOD that I have outlined complete with simple instructions. If you believe that you can beat the market and If your primary purpose is to build your own "system" then you are wasting your time in this journal. This journal is for those that realize that they can't figure it out on their own and don't mind following signals on a daily basis. If this is NOT for YOU and you find that this thread doesn't add any value to YOU and doesn't meet any of your personal needs then please ignore the thread and move on to another.

Again, I use Disrection in my trading and my proprietary indicators are black-box market calls that may hold little interest to some, but are of tremendous value to others."

==============

How do you reconcile these statements? I guess I am confused as to how many and what systems are going on here. Maybe it is just me...

And, if you are indeed helping people here but you decide to stop, are they just screwed because your methods are "proprietary" and "black-box", as you say?

#313     Jan 14, 2004
  4. You gave away a proprietary, black-box system for free? I am SO confused.

"Again, I use Disrection in my trading and my proprietary indicators are black-box market calls that may hold little interest to some, ..."

#314     Jan 14, 2004
  5. T-REX

T-REX

No trade set up as of yet.

#315     Jan 14, 2004
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Are you serious? 1115 to 1130 is the established range. What's to call?

#316     Jan 14, 2004
  7. I'm referring to this....what are you talking about?

#317     Jan 14, 2004
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You quoted:

Short @ 1128.75
    Long @ 1114.75

#318     Jan 14, 2004
  9. You missed "yesterday" which was the operative word.

I quoted T-Rex's obvious 14 point range for today's trading in hopes of understanding why a "scalping" journal would limit itself to trading within such a large and obvious area of S/R.

Unfortunately, I did not receive any clarification outside of "no set-ups yet" which did not address the original question:confused: which in retrospect actually answers the question.

#319     Jan 14, 2004
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It wasn't posted here until today (I guess subscribers get early notification; it's difficult to get used to this new way of maintaining a journal on ET).

In any case, as to the other numbers you quoted, there wasn't much to call there, either. Assuming you follow YM alongside ES (and preferably NQ as well), you'll note the strong R from the 9th and 13th. This coincides with a tentative downtrendline on the ES at around 1127. There is, of course, no guarantee that price will find R there, but when two of the three indexes approach R at the same time, the probabilities for a short are in your favor. If trading the NQ, it's easy to take the entry cue from the other indexes and short even tho NQ is not at obvious R.

But I assume that all of this was explained to subscribers.

#320     Jan 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.