T-REX Journal - "Scalping 101"

Discussion in 'Journals' started by T-REX, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGregg

TGregg

It occurs to me that posting a buy to cover at the low of the day when only a few contracts traded at that price, and posting it considerably later is completely ignoring the whole point of "real time" posting. I mean, it's not even "delayed" (20 minutes), LOL.

Not that I am weighing in on any side of any argument, mind you. But it also does occur to me that there is an easy way for T-Rex and his supporters to show up all those critics. Post them in real time, 30 second time limit required. For T-Rex, who apparently entered his buy-to-cover before the market opened (or shortly thereafter), this should be easy. Most orders could be entered into the chatroom well before they are hit. The few market orders should be no problem. I myself participate in two rooms where folks post orders very quickly (thanks to this swell mIRC script that these two fellas (or more) have written). And I get my orders posted in well under 30 seconds, except in rare cases when the gosh darn market hits my exit before I can post (and I gotta log all this data).

And, I'm not sure I can tell y'all about these chatrooms or scripts - I'd have to find out from the folks who own and run them. But it is clear there is the means for T-Rex to post real real-time trades, and either silence his critics or fall on his face.

But, I have the weirdest feeling that there will be some hitch, some reason that T-Rex cannot post in real real-time (meaning 30 seconds or less after an order is entered). If so, that tells anybody that wishes to read, what they need to know.

Should there be interest, I will see about arranging a chatroom for such an event. It will be moderated, and orders will be required to be posted no more than 30 seconds after they execute. Since the purpose of this room will be an examination of T-Rex's trading, if he does not agree to participate, there will be no chatroom. Not that I am completely sure I can arrange one anyway.

EDIT: I forgot to weigh in, I just wanna see who's right is all.

#291     Jan 13, 2004
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Not only am I endlessly fascinated with whatever ET guidelines and policies allow this non-journal to be here, I can't help wondering what drives you [Magna] to protect it rather than move it where it belongs.

You have yourself a nice day.

#292     Jan 13, 2004
  3. cdbern

cdbern

S 1126.00 @ 9:15
    C 1117.25 @ 11:06
    (+8.75)

S 1117.25 @ 1:15
    C 1114.75 @ !:50
    (+2.50)

L 1115.50 @ 1:55
    C 1120.50 @ 2.55
    (+5.00)

All times Central

#293     Jan 13, 2004
  4. dbphoenix,

Why do you even bother reading THIS journal if all you can do is come up with things to complain about?

#294     Jan 14, 2004

5. T-REX posts to this journal because he wants to.... I'm sure you won't be able to coerce him into posting his trades in a chat room just to satisfy your curiosity.

#295     Jan 14, 2004
  6. T-REX

T-REX

JohnM4402
    You are correct!:)

If people are curious about whether or not my mkt calls work all they have to do is follow the mkt calls.:D

AS for "realtime" , I have stated it more than once that not all of my post in this thread will be realtime because of my own personal time constraints. Furthermore, I nothing else to prove about my method. I have posted realtime trades on several occassions here at ET. Just take yesterday for example.:D

I inform my readers BEFORE I the mkt moves as to what I'm looking to do , NOT afterwards!:p

Time permitting we will do the same today as yesterday.

#296     Jan 14, 2004
  7. T-REX

T-REX

Dude. I HAVE EXPLAINED IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

It's NOT that I have failed to respond to your question, but rather YOU have failed to comprehend my answer.:D

If you felt that your question was not being properly addressed all you had to do (like so many others) was to send me private email or PM or just flat out call me?

I'm not perfect and sometimes additional clarification is needed on a "one on one" basis Rather than wasting precious ET journal space.

:)

Thank you

T-REX

#297     Jan 14, 2004
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

In what way is it a journal? How is it helping TRex to become "a better trader"? Certainly not through "teaching", since he refuses to answer questions he doesn't like.

The only reason why this journal gains any attention at all is because of those who know that TRex is spamming. If it were under Strategy Trading, where it belongs, it would sink without a trace.

#298     Jan 14, 2004
  9. T-REX

T-REX

Possible inside day ahead.

#299     Jan 14, 2004
  10. T-REX

T-REX

Current readings:

Short @ 1128.75
    Long @ 1114.75

#300     Jan 14, 2004
Thread Status: