T-REX Journal - "Scalping 101"

Discussion in 'Journals' started by T-REX, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-REX

T-REX

Short @ 1122.50 with a profit target of 1116.25

#241     Jan 12, 2004
  2. I'm sorry T-Rex. I don't understand "Quick Trade." Is this a new portion of your daily plan? I'm still looking, maybe many others are too, for your plan for today - 12th.

#242     Jan 12, 2004
  3. T-REX

T-REX

picked up 3 points @ 1119.50.

..........Next the Swing Trade Matrix for the Stock Index Futures.

We will examine this on tommorow.:)

#243     Jan 12, 2004
  4. pspr

pspr

Interesting how you claim to have bot the low of the day above your target while everyone else following your advice got their butts handed to them today.

In fact, you made a post here this morning (that has now been deleted) where you said you were still holding your short long after the 1119.50 low had passed. Explain that to us!

#244     Jan 12, 2004
  5. T-REX

T-REX

I'm sorry I don't understand your question?:confused:

I only posted the entry and the exit for today.
    I did not post anything else today because I was too busy with technical issues with my software this morning.

If you have seen another post by me please show me because I am very confused by your post?

Only one trade posted by me today in ES

Short @ 1122.50
    C @ 1119.50

NO other trades were entered today by me because of technical problems with my computer.

p.s. I have heard from others today that caught this mornings selloff besides me.:D

If you got your butt handed to you then you should have called me on the phone and I would have informed you to get out and or move your stoploss to atleast breakeven.

You need to re-read the rules on the method. I specifically explain how to handle profit targets and stoplosses.

remember the 3 point rule????

Thank you

T-REX

#245     Jan 12, 2004
  6. T-REX. Here's what you said back in August regarding your trades:

Elite Member

09-05-03 07:35 AM

...I set 3 point profit targets on "ALL" trades. Once the market has moved 3 pts in my favor I have the option of getting out @ profit or moving my stop loss to break even.

Since your exit is not a pre-determined 3 points, inquiring minds want to know how you were able to cover your short at 1119.50, the low of the day, when less than 130 contracts traded at 1119.50 the entire day? According to your own trading rule, you elect to take profit or move the stop to breakeven ONCE the trade has moved 3 points in your favor. By that time your order at 1119.50 is WAY BACK in the cue, and has NO chance of getting filled. The BID size at 1119.5 was never less than 1432 contracts. Not to mention that the BID dropped to 1119.50 and all contracts which were executed at that price were ALL executed in less than 1 second. From 10:08:12 to 10:08:13. At 10:18:13 the BID was raised to 1119.75 and never returned to 1119.50.

#246     Jan 12, 2004
  7. pspr

pspr

No, I don't use your system for actual trading but others may. And, yes, there was a post from you late in the morning where you stated you where still holding the short position based on your "analysis". Since you must have had it deleted I am unable to show you -- DUH.

And, just how did you manage to cover your short at the low tick of the day. That's nearly impossible to do except maybe with one or two contracts -- maybe.

Good luck with your journal and your trading as I've made my point and I'm through commenting on this.

(Thanks for updating the rules and T&S info, Wareco)

#247     Jan 12, 2004
  8. T-REX

T-REX

although I had posted a profit target beyond 3 points that does NOT mean that I did not place a buy limit order three points out.
    Just because I believed the mkt was going to move to a certain level that does NOT mean that I don't place a limit order just incase I'm mistaken.

#248     Jan 13, 2004
  9. T-REX

T-REX

NO I did NOT post anything other than what I have told you!
    It would have been impossible for me to post anything without a computer. What part of "Not having a computer" don't you understand? I had software problems so I could not have posted what you claim that I did post.

Anyway that is besides the point. If you don't follow my method then why are you wasting your time reading this journal?

You make absolutely NO SENSE!

#249     Jan 13, 2004
  10. Can we look for this posting sometime today T-Rex? Also looking for your daily plan for today also.

Many thanks.

"Next the Swing Trade Matrix for the Stock Index Futures.
    We will examine this on tommorow."

#250     Jan 13, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.