T-REX Journal - "Scalping 101"

Discussion in 'Journals' started by T-REX, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-REX

T-REX

Per the rules outlined in the Trading Plan.
    According to Friday's Trading Plan where was the recommended short?

Remember, the recommended price triggers are given pre-mkt.
    At 11:15am did not the 5min bar close below the 40 EMA?
    How does the "2 Bar Charlie SCALP METHOD" tell you to proceed on a day like this?

I believe you have answered your own question.:)

Also, although from time to time this journal may contain some realtime intraday trades this is not a track record journal but rather a mentor journal meant to give instruction and education regarding the Scalp method.:D

Thank you

T-REX

#171     Jan 4, 2004

2. The thing that is confusing to me, and possibly others is:
    your post of 01-02-04 at 630a says the bias is LONG. Then you have a rule that says "ONLY trade in the direction of the bias". That means no shorts....correct?

At the same time, another part of that same post listed support and resistance levels and said that if the price went through your listed resistance, then use this as an opportunity to short. Well, which is it?
    Did the bias change during the trading day (and how would one know this) and that allowed you to short, or do you allow shorts even when you say
    ONLY TRADE IN THE DIRECTION OF THE BIAS ?

jd

#172     Jan 4, 2004
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

So if one is to follow "the plan" even though you say to expect an uptrending day, which turned out to be exactly the wrong call, what's the point in making the calls? As you say, this is "a mentor journal meant to give instruction and education regarding the Scalp method". It is not a "track record" journal. So I see no point in trying to impress people into ignoring the plan and following these "calls" instead.

As for the "real-time intraday trades", any trade posted to a journal is by definition a hindsight trade. Newbies should understand that very clearly.

#173     Jan 4, 2004
  4. cdbern

cdbern

T-Rex

Enjoying your thread.... trying to catch up.

Thanx :)

#174     Jan 5, 2004
  5. T-REX

T-REX

Allow me to clarify:

2 Bar Charlie System (Screen & Chart set-up)

Tools.

Use the 60min Candlestick chart to find current intra-day trend.
    Use the 5min &/or 1min Candlestick chart to time entry point.

Technical Indicators.

Use a 40-bar EMA.
    Use a Stochastic Line Chart (14,3,3 time periods)
    Use a MACD Histogram Line Chart (5,40,5 time periods)

Chart Rules.

When the 5 min bar crosses above the 40-bar MA = buy.
    When the 5 min bar crosses below the 40-bar MA = sell.

Filters. (Are not necessary but are useful)

(1.) Wait for the low of the 60 min bar
    to close above the 40-bar MA = buy.

(2.) Wait for the high of the 60 min bar
    to close below the 40-bar MA = sell.

This is your main method!

The daily Trading Plan is just that, "a trading plan" designed to outline specific price levels that should coincide with the above
    "2 Bar Charlie SCALP METHOD".:)

The method is both long & short depending on whether or not certain criteria has been met.

When I say -"trade in the direction of the trend" ....I mean just that- trade in the direction of the trend. However, there are times when it becomes necessary to do a "stop & reverse" and/or switch-up between long and short positions depending on whether or not the intraday cycle has shifted.:)

Thank You

T-REX

#175     Jan 5, 2004
  6. T-REX

T-REX

Thank you

T-REX

#176     Jan 5, 2004
  7. T-REX

T-REX

Please reference my earlier post in response to Friday's trading plan.:)

#177     Jan 5, 2004
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

A 30m "trend" lasting only a few points hardly qualifies as an "uptrending day". In any case, you still haven't explained why you made the call in the first place. Is part of your "mentoring" an attempt to teach newbies how to make calls? If so, what were your criteria for making your "uptrending day" call?

Just following your lead:

If you don't consider "realtime intraday trades" to be "realtime", why on earth are you calling them "realtime"?

Actually, you haven't. I'm still interested in your response.

#178     Jan 5, 2004
  9. balda

balda

Question about 60 min and 40EMA

low of ES on 60 min chart has been above 40EMA since middle of December so how could you possibly go short if price on 60 min chart has never been below 40EMA or
    do you use 60 min bars and 40EMA from 5min chart?

thank you
    alex

#179     Jan 5, 2004
  10. T-REX

T-REX

Quote from T-REX:

The market DID in fact trend higher and as a result a new 10-day high was posted.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from dbphoenix: A 30m "trend" lasting only a few points hardly qualifies as an "uptrending day".

Quote from T-REX: It depends on your point of reference. A new high being posted IS in fact a continuation of an uptrend pattern.

Quote from dbphoenix: In any case, you still haven't explained why you made the call in the first place. Is part of your "mentoring" an attempt to teach newbies how to make calls? If so, what were your criteria for making your "uptrending day" call?

Quote from T-REX: Allow me to clarify something 1st. The "Bias" portion of the trading plan IS NOT meant as a predictor of mkt direction but rather is a calculation of the closing prices as measure of volatility and retracement (where applicable).
    I apologize for not clarifying this earlier. Thanks for bringing up this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from T-REX:

I think you know better than to suggest that posting realtime trades in a journal during the trading session IS NOT considered to be realtime.

NOTE: I inadvertently left out the word "NOT" during my post yesterday as I was on my way out the door. I was not aware of this typo until you brought it to my attention. Sorry.

Quote from dbphoenix: Just following your lead:

Quote from T-REX:

Also, although from time to time this journal may contain some realtime intraday trades this is not a track record journal

Quote from dbphoenix: If you don't consider "realtime intraday trades" to be "realtime", why on earth are you calling them "realtime"?

Quote from T-REX: Again sorry for the typo.

dbphoenix: As you say, this is "a mentor journal meant to give instruction and education regarding the Scalp method". It is not a "track record" journal. So I see no point in trying to impress people into ignoring the plan and following these "calls" instead.

Quote from T-REX: In all fairness to you I have already answered this question in response to an earlier post from Jack Daniel.
    (see below).

01-05-04 07:02 AM

Think of the daily Trading Plan as a roadmap.
    If you are traveling to a specific destination for the 1st time and are not familiar with the surrounding landmarks or alternative routes, you will be lost without a map. I have given you the "methodology" now I assist you with the Trading Plan so that you can correctly apply the method to your trading. The Trading Plan is NOT necessary in order to trade the method but it is essential in assisting those that have never traded before at all and need that additional assistance. Hence the trading plan is a roadmap telling you how to get from point A to point B.

Again the trading plan in NOT meant to supersede nor replace the "2 Bar Charlie SCALP METHOD" but rather is meant to be used as a guide to assist you in using the methodology.

Quote from dbphoenix: Actually, you haven't. I'm still interested in your response.

Quote from T-REX: There you have it.:)

Thank you

T-REX

#180     Jan 6, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.