t-notes today

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by PetaDollar, Apr 15, 2005.

1. It didn't gap up on the open, did you cover?

#31     Apr 17, 2005
  2. Ebo

Ebo

Misc:

You were crying at the beginning of this thread over 2 ticks.
    I guess you are trading 50 lots!
    111 '07 LS are you gonna be ok?

#32     Apr 17, 2005

3. I cant' get into IB for some weird reason!! But I'm not covering yet. It remained the same. I think tomorrow it might drift down even barring any big disaster in the equity markets and a flight to quality.

But I still don't like how it's back to 111'07.5 now which was Friday's close near the high. I would like to see some backing off tonight before feeling too comfortable at nite.

wish me luck guys!

misc

#33     Apr 18, 2005
  4. My work tells me it is very likely that the HOD and LOD are already in (155 and 15).

#34     Apr 18, 2005
  5. Ebo

Ebo

Peter:

What is your feel on the 30 YR?

#35     Apr 18, 2005
  6. Thank goodness it's backing off now...

It's 111'055 now. So, I'm waitin' and seein'. So, for now, the worst case scenario has not happen ...

whew!

Last night, I saw YM at 10049. Was tempted to buy some. But resisted it. Now it's up to 10104!

P.S. The irnoic thing is that I have stocks short. Yet I want it to go up to save my bond futures position. hehe

#36     Apr 18, 2005
  7. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

If you speculate on whims and hunches in treasuries you're going to lose in the long run. You need to trade them; not this hoping and wishing.

you should have got out on the open when you knew your position wasn't proven correct then started trading and made back the few ticks you lost and then some.

of course, anyone can say what I just said after the fact.....but really, I would recommend trading NOT speculating.

#37     Apr 18, 2005
  8. It was NOT on hunch. There was a very specific pattern I was looking for on Friday. And it seemed like it was developing. Then they rallied a little more about 6 ticks higher than where I've gotten in. So, I figure, if I believe in this pattern then I should wait to see if it enfold correctly. Had it rallied hard this morning, I would have no second thoughts on bailing out at the open.

But since it only stayed at the level where it closed at on Friday I figure it's not moving that much. If I get out now then it's exactly where I would have gotten on Friday. But if it comes back down then even better.

But we'll see. I guess what I should really have done is gotten out for a scratch on Friday. Then continue to add to my other winning shorts. Oh well.

#38     Apr 18, 2005
  9. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

no problem..

With Friday's high being 111-000, there had to have been buy stops just above this level so after the 3pm eastern close on friday when it traded above 111, this immediately became support and you see that after ticking above 111 it quickly touched it to then bid up into the end of the electronic session.

So in hindsight, entering short one tick above the days high may be a good learning experience whether the trade ends up working or not.

#39     Apr 18, 2005
  10. I haven't done any work with them.

#40     Apr 18, 2005