T. Boone Pickens Plan -website

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by reiehaxm, Jul 13, 2008.

1. “I was in wind energy for a minute…. I hate it. And when I got to looking at those damn things I said, I don't want to be a part of putting that on the horizon. I think it's homely and I don't like it. We took a loss and got out of it and I'm glad I did.”

—T. Boone Pickens, Bloomberg, February 17, 2005

“Wind power is ... clean, it's renewable. It's everything you want. And it's a stable supply of energy,” Pickens told CNN in May. “It's unbelievable that we have not done more with wind.”

—T. Boone Pickens, quoted by CNBC, July 8, 2008

2. PowerBC

PowerBC

I still don't see what the big fuss about wind generation is. I think the fact that it is intermittent (and that you can't feasibly store electricity) isn't that widespread among the lay-person.

I think it's funny how utilities companies love to cheerlead wind generation for public relations purposes although the reality is that nobody desires yet another source of volatility to account for in their market.

At least it's better for the environment.

3. Maybe he realized if they can make cell towers look just like palm trees (I had to stare one down the other day before I figured out what it was) they probably would figure out a way to make those huge props less fugly.

4. ==========================
    Thanks, Walter,i assume both of those are accurate quotes;
    i dont like the look of power lines also -but thats progress.

Thanks.
    Also i am used to[looking on] power lines,but paid extra to have mine put underground

:cool: :cool:

5. The only reason Boone is touting his plan is for massive profits IN NATURAL GAS. He could give 2 shits about the environment, his plan is to plug in cars, the huge increase in power loads cannot be offset by wind farms, it will be offset by gas fired generation. He is setting the stage for massive profits on natural gas futures/equities.

That is the real Pickens plan.

6. T-Boner has gotten his ass handed to him.

7. The main problem in my state (Wyoming) with wind power is lack of transmission lines. We have ample space, huge contiguous blocks of land that will be perfect for wind generation. There is for sure lack of investors right now that are wanting to go full bore into a large project like that. But anybody that has ever been to Wyo can probably attest to the constant wind. Especially in the southeaster corridor.

8. ====================
    Sounds about right,Papa.
    And i agree he is not a enviromental extremist whacko. Most aren't.

And FOX news tonight , scientist ''found''much more ice due to a satelite sensor error;
    an ice sheet the size of CA, so much for global warming fraud.

BP is also into cattle, land, water, oil , quail hunting also;
    as you say all this has been disclosed:cool: Joined Pickens plan today, have contacted Senators about this ..................................................................................:cool:

#10     Feb 23, 2009