T Bond has gone parabolic

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ralph00, Dec 17, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Order in for TBT at $36.00

This is absolutely insane....

TLT nearing 121 at this moment....

#11     Dec 17, 2008
  2. JamesJ

JamesJ

and the US-$ devaluates parabolic as well right now...
    probably biggest 2day move vs. yen, euro, swiss franc ever...

if i were you i would protest at fed ny or somewhere, the big theft of wealth has started...

#12     Dec 17, 2008
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Waiting for to actually start is my plan.

#13     Dec 17, 2008
  4. Dont even bet against it. Everything can and likely will continue straight up. If you are not careful here, you could be losing your shirt if you are in a negative bearish mood.

I like to swing and this is a swingers paradise biased long.

#14     Dec 17, 2008
  5. I bought some TBT yesterday, probably a bit early, and have been shorting small chunks of IEF. Oddly, I think my broker has been having a tough time locating because the orders are getting filled slowly.

I may stop out of TBT being 2x and all but feel very confident about shorting IEF. The chart is an absolutely textbook "exhaustion gap." I don't care about what the underlying is (USO, IEF, the hot tech stocks in 1999, etc.) when the chart looks like this it WILL come down...and usually with plenty of vigor. Check out what IEF did in June 2003...

#15     Dec 17, 2008

6. Hmmm.. you are fighting fed policy. The fed said they are going to buy treasuries, esp the medium long end, to support mortgages and infuse capital into the system.

This is a repricing. It will fall off, but not anytime in the next 3 months.

#16     Dec 17, 2008
  7. Daal

Daal

as I understand the double short ETFs underperform in the long-run a doubled sized short in the ETF or underlying

#17     Dec 17, 2008
  8. So, could you please explain what did you mean by "[..]and wait until Fannie Mae spreads come in.. "?

#18     Dec 17, 2008
  9. look for high in bonds to be = to high in crude..
    around 147...

#19     Dec 17, 2008
  10. zdreg

zdreg

that sounds very logical and represents the quintessential thinking methodology of ET posters.
    of course you could be right.

#20     Dec 17, 2008