T/A Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Rashid_G., Jan 17, 2010.

1. ammo

ammo

nq 15 minute, you have res and support 15 points higher and lower than the close ,so at the open u can ride it to either line,if it goes thru ,look for the next 30 min or 1 hr or daily

#31     Jan 26, 2010
  2. I haven't used Bar charts in so many years.. can barely read em anymore... Thanks for the charts... What are the yellow boxed on the Monthly?? Look at this one.. Interesting how rising volatility forcasts market drops quite well..

#32     Jan 26, 2010
  3. ammo

ammo

yellow box is where we broke lower tl

#33     Jan 26, 2010
  4. PACMAN1

PACMAN1

Ras I trade the NQ. it usually trends better than the other e-minis or at least it seems to to me perhaps because I know the characteristics of the NQ so well. All you need to do is study your charts which way is it trending, up, down or sideways. If sideways stay on sideline and wait for a trend up or down to develope. Once you see the trend start wait don't get in on the breakout wait for the retrace and then enter the trade with the trend. Trendlines are very helpful. Look at charts see the retraces see where the trend resumes then you enter .

Hope this is helpful.

P

#34     Jan 27, 2010
  5. Pac,

Thanks.. Yes NQ trades very nicely.. main reason I jeft ES for it. Busy morning, no trades which is not a bad idea considering Fed day.. Will approach each day intending NOT to trade. Still good consolidation 1790 to 1810 reinforcing both.

#35     Jan 27, 2010
  6. Morning Prep..

Tightening up.. 1808 (under and back to 1790's) to 1822 (over and up to 1838.. TOS missing some hourly tick data..

#36     Jan 28, 2010
  7. Good day...

1: 7.... moved one stop
    2: 7.... panicked (scratched?) out of 2
    3: 4.... 5 trades

Seeming like rules not based on mathematical analysis not easy to use. :confused: Trendlines on the other hand VERY useful WHEN THEY ARE LONG ENOUGH.. short ones lead to overtrading..

+26.75 for day... :) Much easier to quit while one is ahead..

#37     Jan 28, 2010
  8. PACMAN1

PACMAN1

Great trading all one had to do was sell the popups (retrace) when market goes the other way buy the dips (retrace). Not every trade will be a winner but if you cut the losers quick you will see more profit than loses, anyway great trading.

P

#38     Jan 29, 2010
  9. Thanks Pac.... Still trying to find my way... holding for larger gains on key break days, and taking smaller when in range, and most importantly avoiding my MOM in Chop.

Morning Prep..

1790 "looks" such a logical short and we are there... Will wait for PMI and Sentiment reports to pass and let things settle.. Since March we have bottomed whenever volatility got this high..

#39     Jan 29, 2010
  10. To say the character of the markets has changed is an understatement.. To say I haven't changed (as a daytrader) is an even bigger understatement.. This morning I was thinking after yesterday's big day I didn't really "feel" like trading (fear of giving back). Started doing the right thing avoiding the open, watch a couple of missed swings down to 73's and back up to 85's.. Took a TL break at 1782. At this point my thinking was to take 1778 and call it a day.. Shortly after (while watching EVERY 512tick move, I am out for 1/2. Why the thinking to take 1778?? We are quite oversold and "should" be bouncing soon, even after the early morning Prep indicating 1790 area is a defendable short area... I simple refused to accept anything as possible today.. like a sell-off back to yesterday's lows..

I spend 90 minuted clicking away, mostly bottom picking.. Finally I am short at 1756.75 to hold till close (probably not rational). I will strongly consider trading the 1600tick though it "seems" I need to "see" more... but the more I see the more I react..

The difference between yesterday and today?? Yesterday I didn't watch every tick.. the daily was clear.. The training we have received last few months hasn't helped the short cause.

Ultimately, know the enemy within or trading is futile.. A fail day on every level.

#40     Jan 29, 2010