Systematic Performance Stats

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by gjmason, Jun 21, 2002.

1. ddefina

ddefina

For only $99 per month, you too will have your eyes opened. Please contact my staff at http://www.snakeoil.com and we'll get your credit card info. :)

#41     Jul 9, 2002
  2. Aaron

Aaron

The 44 trades you are talking about occurred over a 3 month period. Our holding period is measured in days rather than minutes.

It sounds like you are doing real well! 2000 trades per year, clearing 1.5 pts per trade on average is 2000 x $30 = $60k on a single contract basis. Excellent! How long is your track record? Can I ask your winning percentage and standard deviation of your trades (in points)?

#42     Jul 9, 2002
  3. DT-waw

DT-waw

:D :) :D :)
    my system is better and i offer it for only $99.95 ! plus you get free market commentary for 2 weeks! sign up now and receive $9 off on all our stuff! Private mentorship... chatroom... guru comments... stock picks... and much much more! International clients call toll free at 0800xxxxx
    We are glad to help you.

disclaimer: blah blah blah past results don't guarantee future ....blah blah
    LOL

#43     Jul 9, 2002
  4. And if that isn't good enough, someone will even show you how to go "beyond the snake oil" :cool:

What more can you ask for? :D

#44     Jul 9, 2002
  5. ddefina

ddefina

I'll post the Wealth-Lab code to the system that achieved those amazing results--back a few pages--later this evening. Those stats were from trading the INX index, not a tradeable contract. There was no allowance for slippage and a $5 roundtrip commission was used. I later added $30 per contract slippage which reduced performance by a third. In my testing on the emini's the results were less desirable, due to the larger bars (vs. index) and occasional lack of synchronicity at critical s/r points (stop running?). It does demonstrate the potential of a simple S/R system though, and maybe somebody can modify it to work better with tradeable contracts.

#45     Jul 9, 2002
  6. Hi Aaron,

I'm really glad to here that your making good money using a completley mechanical system. I have been trying to develop something similar for many years now and feeling I'm getting pretty close to having a fairly robust system for the e-minies.

You system seems to work in a time frame similar to mine, so I'm just curious if your methodology is similar.

My system uses breakouts from daily highs/lows with three diffferent length stops depending on the the market action. It also (about half the time) uses a straight resersal short to long/long to short that gets me out of failed breakouts quickly and quite often allows me to catch the top of major down moves and visa versa.

It uses absolutely no indicators at all.

The system makes about two or three trades a week.

Without giving away secrets, is it similar or not even close.

Thanks in advance,

Runningbear

#46     Jul 9, 2002
  7. ddefina

ddefina

Here is the WL code from the previous test results I published. It goes long when the price exceeds the previous bars H and short when it exceeds it's low. Very simple S/R. The problem is it only works well on the index (INX), not the emini's. Maybe somebody can fine tune and make it profitable with the tradeable contracts.

There's a little surplus in the code that I didn't edit out.

see http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6439&perpage=6&pagenumber=4 for performance stats.

var Bar: integer;
    var StopPrice, Tick: float;
    var ps: float;
    var Barsavailable: integer;
    procedure CalcCommission( BasisPrice: float);
    var nShares: integer;
    {Tick :=.10;}
    begin
    nShares:=Round(1000/BasisPrice);
    if nShares <=1000 then
    SetCommission((nShares/1)*45)
    else
    SetCommission(((nshares/1)*30)+40)
    end;
    BarsAvailable := Barcount;

SetPositionSize (100000);
    InstallStopLoss(20);
    for Bar:= Barcount()-499 to BarCount -1 do
    begin
    {ApplyAutoStops(Bar);}
    if NOT LastPositionActive then
    { Entry Rules }
    begin
    if (PriceLow(Bar)<PriceLow(Bar-1)) and (PriceOpen(Bar) < PriceLow(Bar)) then
    ShortAtStop(Bar,PriceLow(Bar-1),'');
    If (PriceHigh(Bar)>PriceHigh(Bar-1)) and (PriceHigh(Bar)>PriceOpen(Bar)) then
    BuyAtStop(Bar,PriceHigh(Bar-1),'');
    CalcCommission(PriceClose(Bar));
    end;

{ Exit Rules }
    if LastPositionActive then
    begin
    If PositionShort(LastPosition)then
    begin
    If PriceHigh(Bar)> PriceHigh(Bar-1) then
    Begin
    CoverAtStop(Bar, PriceHigh(Bar-1),Lastposition,'');
    BuyAtStop(Bar,PriceHigh(Bar-1),'');
    CalcCommission(PriceHigh(Bar));
    end;
    end;
    If PositionLong(Lastposition) then
    begin
    If (PriceLow(Bar)<PriceLow(Bar-1)) and (PriceHigh(Bar) <= PriceHigh(Bar-1))then
    begin
    SellAtStop(Bar, PriceLow(Bar-1),Lastposition,'');
    ShortAtStop(Bar,PriceLow(Bar-1),'');
    CalcCommission(PriceLow(Bar));
    end;
    end;
    end;
    end;

{$I 'Profit Pane (Bottom)'}

#47     Jul 10, 2002
  8. alain

alain

one contract traded system... similar results on all electronic traded futures... with the same parameters.

just to give you some direction of where optimization can lead you to.. :cool:

#48     Jul 10, 2002
  9. alain

alain

and here the equity curve

#49     Jul 10, 2002
  10. alain

alain

oops forgot the attachment... :)

#50     Jul 10, 2002