System that makes 50% a month

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by stock777, Mar 29, 2010.

1. You are pretty much right-on although I could argue that to maximize your winners best you have to ride them for much longer than days or weeks - more like months and longer.

#31     May 17, 2010
  2. gaj

gaj

wow, i must have made a mistake in computing my P&L! better get back and see where my brokerages screwed up.

and so must several people i know.

#32     May 17, 2010
  3. Bob111

Bob111

there is. if you are not one of them, it doesn't mean that they do not exist.but what's the point to validate my record? what for? for whom? i'm pretty happy with it.

#33     May 17, 2010
  4. CBuster

CBuster

Pretty weird comment for a guy called INTRADAYbill.....

#34     May 24, 2010
  5. stop taking drugs, dude:D

#35     May 24, 2010
  6. joe4422

joe4422

I paid over 10K for 2 systems from trade the markets. After using them for a year I lost right around 50%. They no longer offer the systems, and unfortunately, I was one of the dumb schmucks that bought the crap.

Any system that made 50% per month would be worth enough for several countries to go to war over. I don't think anyone would share it with you. I'm sure Kim Jong IL would do anything to get such a system. Then he could afford to feed his starving people and have we love Kim Jong carved into the moon.

#36     May 24, 2010
  7. Anyone who in an ironic way claimed multi-year intraday profits is welcome to post audited records. I do not have such record to show, I trade intraday to not get bored from my position trading but I am proud to say that every year I break-even more or less on that side, commissions included. In 2008 I even made $2 of net profit in the intraday side and I am happy about it because I have no HFT, no fancy hardware, no co-location stuff.

#37     May 24, 2010

8. Just because you are a shitty intraday trader doesn't mean that we all are.

Here is a tip about your above results: you are doing it wrong.

Have a nice day.

#38     May 24, 2010
  9. CBuster

CBuster

well, i don't have audited records for you but i have been profitable for the last 4 years trading prop with the last 2 being much better as I uncovered a couple of minor mkt inefficiences. I posted for a while over on the pnl thread altho i'm sure you wouldn't take that as reliable evidence (and prob fair enough).

what i will say is that if you freely admit that you break even more or less every year trading intraday, it's a pretty big claim that noone can consistently make money. that implies that you are the best intraday trader around which you're probably not (that's not slating you, just stating the obvious)

#39     May 25, 2010
  10. Yeah baby :)
    +1

#40     May 25, 2010