System that makes 50% a month

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by stock777, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Im pretty sure he's kidding.

#21     Apr 30, 2010
  2. I think 10% per month may be possible for me in real trading.

#22     May 3, 2010
  3. Let me dumb it down a little for you.

Ordinarily a stock in a selective Universe moves 20% in 2 to 5 days each long half cycle.. Use half of the move assuming poor timing on your part (this is 10% or 0.1 as a decimal percent).

There are over 20 days in a month.

Here is an equation that is in common use by people who use money to make money.

End of month capital = beginning of month capital ( 1 +0.1) ^ x

To get x you divide 2 to 5 into over 20. Are there any answers where beginning capital is increased by 50% to get ending capital?

This is the scenario for beginning traders in PVT trading.

They have an incentive to prepare thier Universe and set forth their trades for the next week as a rolling list of upcoming trades. Should they be providing the list to others who post in the manner most posters in this thread post?

Would any of these people be able to use the trading lists?

Why would these people screw up such a trading opportunity?

Could they learn enough to not continue to screw up?

Why not?

Is there any chance you are not making 50% a month on stcoks?

do you trade more leveraged more lucrative methods like SCT?

#23     May 3, 2010
  4. Here is a very complex followup for you to consider.

A beginner starts out in January and does the above.

Hcompounds each month as well.

How many months does it take for him to have five times his initial capital?

How much sooner does that come if he improves by 10% a month each month?

How could a person possibly inprove by ten percent each month? What 12 things could he improve month by month the first year?

Wha would happen if he discovered he could do the same trading on an index where he traded 20 times a day on that index and made the same increment?

See if you can press you mind into gear and get on top of considering learning how to learn to trade. Try a little less smug and a little more chug. Yuo're nowhere right now.

#24     May 3, 2010
  5. Be careful, Jack. You have a lot to offer. But you run folks off with exaggerations. Most days it isn't possible to trade twenty market turns profitably, if indeed there are that many.

#25     May 3, 2010
  6. ES 5 min has 81 bars.

20 trades is an average hold of 4 bars,

The minimum range on any four consequtive bars is over one tick probably. That is the wash trade for breakeven.

Usually it is possible to plot a tendline using less than four bars. The slope of that trendline is a money velocity for the trend line duration and it is, relatively, the smallest amount of profit available.

So the question on the table is, is where trend lines begin and How do you know its beginning.

You use charts that are one minute charts. My bet is that you cannot design an indicator for that chart that has less than 20 pivots a day. Good luck.

#26     May 3, 2010
  7. I don't try. I go for all day or stand aside. Alzheimer's, doncha know? As the day progresses, I have to just trust that I'm in or out for a good reason and that EOD will make all well. But I still think you're wrong. Today was a fab day in NQ, nicely profitable with an all day hold. Plenty of time to get drunk, take a nap, sober up, and close out. Show me 20 trades in ES today, haha! I stop short of saying what I am thinking, because I promised not to rag on you and to respect my terminal elders, but my mind silently says you are full of it about the 20.

#27     May 3, 2010
  8. So far, since your post, the site has a record of one win and three losses in its SP500 predictions. Not too impressive a start.

#28     May 3, 2010
  9. Does it ever end on this forum? Lots of pie in the sky trading claims but not once has anyone stepped forward with multi-year real money trading statements to validate themselves. The real traders with the seven figure accounts are thrilled if they can compound their trading capital at a rate of 20% to 25% per annum.

#29     May 16, 2010
  10. There are no intraday home traders with multi-year records. Some people do make money for longer periods because of chance (probability). They get a longer streak of winning quarters, that is al. Some intraday traders in prop firms may get longer periods of profitability due to other factors. But overall, intraday trading is noise trading.

There are more swing/position traders with multi year profitable records. Many more trend-followers, although they hurt a lot the last few years.

IMO if you trade your own money you have to learn how to ride profits for days or even weeks and maximize your winnings. This is the only way to cover future drawdown, which is inevitable.

#30     May 17, 2010