System freezes with 200 charts open

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gpstrade, Jan 10, 2007.

1. gpstrade

gpstrade

I am running esignal with 5 minute time frame on 2 day advance charts. I can open about 200 charts and my computer freezes. I have tried 3 different computers. My latest computer is a AMD 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600 + 2.41 GHz and 2 GB of Ram. I am using broad band. Please help

2. I thought E Signal allows 2 licenses per user, with an explanation. I haven't used it for awhile so don't quote me on that. Break up the 200 into 2 computers with 2 versions of E signal running. Just out of curiosity, why are you running 200 charts?

P.S. I recall seeing something on falconcomputers.com, made for trading, where they state Esignal like single processor not dual, dual makes no effect. Just off memory though, you can check for yourself.

3. gpstrade

gpstrade

I run a efs program on there charts an I would like to run 500 charts. I tried a Pen 4 processor and had the same problem. I think the problem is some where in the operating system. I wish I new!

4. My only last guess is to max out the RAM?

5. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

When you are almost near your limit before it crashes, check your CPU and Memory usage. You can see this from your Task Manager under Performance and Processes. This will tell you if the bottleneck is one of those two or something else.

Good Luck!

6. gpstrade

gpstrade

I check that. the cpu is running les then 20% and the memory is at 580000, 1400000 available. Thnaks for the help

7. Maybe it's a limitation in esignal. Have you asked them?

8. 200 charts open!!!

common sense?

9. gpstrade

gpstrade

Yes, I asked esignal and they said there is no limitation. There is a company in Texas that has a computer with less hardware then mine, and they can run over 700 charts. They will not give out there secrete. They charge $7k for the $1k computer.

10. What's the name of your video card and its specs???

Also, how many monitors do you have setup on your computer???

Mark

#10     Jan 11, 2007