System Developers Journal Thread: Revisited

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Gyles, May 25, 2008.

1. Gyles

Gyles

As per your request, I can create a short report accordingly. I shall be posting the same in the “TradersStudio Thread” as it shall complete and might be of some help to other users.

#31     Oct 17, 2008
  2. Gyles

Gyles

With reference to your request, SuperCruz, Please have a look here:

TradersStudio Thread

The various zip files have already been posted earlier in this thread and the same can easily be referred to for the experiment.

#32     Oct 17, 2008
  3. Thankyou, Gyles. :)

#33     Oct 20, 2008
  4. Gyles

Gyles

Welcome, SuperCruz :)

With reference to the above post, here our step shall be to filter the buy/sell entries. A simple example using ADX has been attached as PDF file (modified_3macross_code1.pdf).

I shall be trying out other ideas too.

Meanwhile, if anyone of you wishes me to try out any other different filter, please do not hesistate to ask here.

Thanks, :)

#34     Oct 22, 2008
  5. While I like VB, most charts do not have such ability. Do you have the indicator settings broken down?

#35     Oct 22, 2008
  6. Gyles

Gyles

I own TradersStudio, so the code has been written in it. However, if anyone of you wishes to translate the same, it is fine.

#36     Oct 22, 2008
  7. Thanks, Gyles for the clarification.

Please can someone answer the following questions:

Thanks! :)

#37     Oct 22, 2008
  8. Gyles

Gyles

#38     Nov 4, 2008
  9. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I like testing systems as far back as possible , unless there is a reason I know of that the markets changed. For example in T-Bonds , they use to open at 9:00 am before 1988, reports came out at 8:30. Now they open at 8:20 am and reports come out at 8:30 am so the market is open when the report is released. This had a effect on openning range breakout systems. If you have a trading system which works after 1988 in T-Bonds and not before that ok , because of this. But if it works back to 1983, all the better.

#39     Dec 8, 2008
  10. Thanks, Mr. Murray for the answer :) I think the above is for the following question:

Thanks once more. :)

#40     Dec 11, 2008