Syria’s Illusory Nukes: More Propaganda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by I.Q., Sep 27, 2007.

1. I.Q.

I.Q.

Syria’s Illusory Nukes: More Propaganda

Kurt Nimmo
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007

As suspected, Israel’s claim of a raid against a Syrian nuclear facility is a load of hooey. “Israel did not strike a nuclear weapons facility in Syria on Sept. 6, instead striking a cache of North Korean missiles, current and former intelligence officials say,” writes Larisa Alexandrovna for Raw Story. “American intelligence sources familiar with key events leading up to the Israeli air raid tell Raw Story that what the Syrians actually had were North Korean No-Dong missiles, possibly located at a site in either the city of Musalmiya in the northern part of Syria or further south around the city of Hama.” Of course, considering “American intelligence sources” are notorious liars, turning weather balloon trailers into chemical weapons labs, this admission is suspect as well. For all we know, Israel bombed a mule team, if that.

“By most accounts of intelligence officials, both former and current, Israel and the US both were well aware of the activities of North Korea and Syria and their attempts to chemically weaponize the No-Dong missile. It therefore remains unclear why an intricate story involving evidence of a Syrian nuclear weapons program and/or enriched uranium was put out to press organizations.”

I can venture a guess… because they want to bomb them into a Neolithic condition. Of course, doing so is all the more easy if the Syrians and Iranians can be effectively portrayed as vicious mad dogs, feverishly developing nuclear weapons. It will not be difficult to convince the witless American public, already steeped in racist anti-Arab and Muslim propaganda that these mad dogs will nuke Israel and would nuke the United States if they had the technology, never mind the United States is the only country to have nuked the helpless civilian population of a country ready to surrender.

Now that the Syrian nuclear program ruse has fallen by the wayside—not that it matters, as sensational headlines in the New York Times and over at Fox News are what people remember, not back page “corrections”—we are told the Syrians instead are packing chemical weapons in old No-dong 1 missiles, basically SCUD-Cs.

On the other hand, Vincent Cannistraro, former director of the NSC and a flunky over at the CIA under Bush Senior, is not sure. “Cannistraro believes that these missiles were No-Dong, but did not specify which class. Others, however, named the No-Dong 1 model or described the missile in such a way as to indicate what could only be the No-Dong 1 model,” Alexandrovna continues. As well, with such bedrock intelligence, the missiles may have been models, same as the Iraqi airplane model passed off as a cruise missile in the lead-up to the invasion of Iraq. Point is, we have no way of knowing for sure and should not trust a gaggle of confirmed liars.

None of this matters and is basically little more than a circus sideshow, a historical footnote, although it does demonstrate how convoluted the lies and permutations of the Israelis and neocons are. Sooner or later, this hateful duo will attack Iran and Syria, as long promised, and we cannot say we were not warned, although in order to be warned we must be paying attention and most of us are not, as we seem to care more about Britney exiting a public restroom sans shoes.

2. Well I for one certainly feel better that they were only arming missiles with chemical/biological weapons. That is clearly the action of a peaceful country only wanting to live in harmony with its neighbors.

3. Racist? I suppose that the Sunnis and Shiites blowing each other up, the willingness of many Muslims to strap on explosives and blow up civilians to reach paradise has no racist overtones?
    How about the death sentences visited upon Muslims who try to convert to Christianity or other religions? Would this be racist?

Did you study the early history of Islam? During the 100 years after the death of Mohammad in 732, they basically took over Arabia, northern Africa, Spain and were halfway into France until they were defeated/turned back by Charles Martel.

Was this peace?

Do you really believe that Westerners think Al-Qaeda wouldn't use nukes if they got their fingers on them? or other radical Islamic groups?

Who besides the Muslims are at war with the Christians, Jews, Hindus, Communists, secular governments and everyone else who does not agree with their views?

Stop being a talking head and get real.

4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Given that everyone knows Syria and North Korea are trying to arm them with Chemical and Bio weopons the nuclear claim to me is more believeable, since all they would have had to have done is said "we think there are chem/bio weopons here" and the strike would have not caused to much problem. If they are wrong about the nuclear bit it will have long lasting effects. In any case, we invaded the wrong country (Iraq) in 2003.