Syria first, Iran second

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pekelo, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

As a Valentine day present for the US, Syria has switched all of the state's foreign currency transactions to euros from dollars on the 14th.

Iran is going to do it in March not to mention starting the oil bourse.

I predict a very bad time for stocks in March...

2. Where did you get that information?

3. A bit alarmist, it's not like they contribute much as a % of global capital...

4. stocon

stocon

Makes perfect sense, since Condi's crying wolf about the nuclear program, I'm sure embargos and frozen assets are next. You know what's real funny is the the future President of Iraq is a big fan of the present boss in Iran. Ironic or should I say moronic.
    This is the proverbial wall of worry we are climbing or is this minipulation prior to the slaughter.

5. just21

just21

Iran moved all of its money, 50 billion euro out of european banks last week.

6. Pekelo

Pekelo

From the news services. Oh, you might guessed right, not from the American ones.

It is probably a coincidence, but all 3 "axis of evil" countries switched or planned to switch from dollars to euros....

7. "axis of evil" is just a name we like to put on a country before we
    invade them and take all their sh*t...:cool:

8. ozzy

ozzy

Ever think that in their minds that the US/GB is the axis of evil? Imagine putting yourself in their situation and have your country invaded and turned upside down for oil.

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sure, it is only question of point of view. I just quoted W.

Anyway, going back to the situation and economy, my bet is that we are going to top in the next 5-7 trading days and after that it is a big Hello Dolly.....

#10     Feb 16, 2006