Syria Chemical Weapons and Obama's response

Discussion in 'Politics' started by benwm, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well that and lies.

#11     Apr 26, 2013
  2. What is this '' right '' thing he should do , in your detailed view ?

#12     Apr 28, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

The right thing to do is to destroy or secure all of the chemical and bio weapons and manufacturing facilities for them in Syria. Al Qaeda is already in a battle to take over a chemical weapons plant in Syria.

#13     Apr 28, 2013
  4. benwm

benwm

Be good for your word.

These are Obama's red lines, not mine. I'm sure Obama has prepared ahead so let's see what the response is. What do you think he should do, assuming that you agree the red line has been crossed? Should we move the red line?

#14     Apr 28, 2013

5. Absolutely correct. A while back there were reports Russia had secured the chemical weapons in Syria. So which is it? I don't trust the msm news reports coming out of Syria on this issue.

#15     Apr 28, 2013
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't trust msm "news" reports on any issue. msm take their ques from Goebbels.

#16     Apr 28, 2013
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Baby Assad has figured out that Obama is completely feckless and unwilling to intervene. He can slaughter his people any way he pleases without consequence.

Fact is, the Obama regime has no idea what to do about Syria.

#17     Apr 28, 2013
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well...he could go back to FL on our dime and take some more golf lessons.

#18     Apr 28, 2013
  9. :D

[​IMG]

lmao...my favorite cartoon...every problem has the same solution, in Barry's case...take golf lessons...:cool:

#19     Apr 28, 2013
  10. Obama thought he could bluff Assad with his redline talk. Bluff just got called.

We have no business in Syria, just like we had no business in Libya. Or in Serbia 20 years ago. Or in Iraq. It's by no means clear what the preferable outcome is. If we barge in there, we risk putting people in power who are worse than the incumbents, just like we did in Egypt.

Obama was incredibly foolish to be beating his chest and issuing threats. Now, as others have observed, his statements on Iran and North korea will be discounted.

The only people I have heard advocating we get involved are the usual wrong-way indicators, McCain, Lindsey Graham and various international human rights handwringers.

#20     Apr 28, 2013