Synthetic straddles on pit traded futures contracts?

Discussion in 'Options' started by steve3052, Apr 16, 2008.

1. The gamma sensitivity changes with delta. They are no longer equivalent in magnitude or sensitivity.

#41     Apr 21, 2008
  2. The gamma and delta of the options both change as the stock moves. You (presumably) trade spot in reaction to how gamma and delta change. The truth of those statements is obvious, and nobody has disputed them.

But that's not what you said. You said you could affect the gamma of a position by trading spot. Which is so obviously wrong that I can't believe I have to w**k this hard to explain it to someone as knowledgeable as yourself.

#42     Apr 21, 2008
  3. Not what I meant. I was referring to the upside call gamma and delta sensitivity as an artifact of removal of spot, simply as Px sensitivity [delta impact as well]. A misunderstanding; I didn't mean to defend that spot impacts gamma directly.

My apologies to xflat. I'm the thick one today; as my only argument has been option sensitivities once spot was taken out of the trade.

#43     Apr 21, 2008
  4. About what I expected.

#44     Apr 21, 2008
  5. lol, deserved.

#45     Apr 21, 2008
  6. I am just kidding around. I enjoyed the banter earlier. No big deal

#46     Apr 21, 2008
  7. Dissecting the natural via synthetic does not change gamma, delta, vega or rho; or any greek moments. I just want to be on the record. I've never thought otherwise, although I wasn't clear on that point. My apologies and you have my permission to burn my replies.

#47     Apr 21, 2008
  8. Nah, there's been enough flaming for one day. :)

#48     Apr 21, 2008
  9. No harm done, Brother. Buy-side should stick-together. ;)

#49     Apr 21, 2008
  10. There is no reason to throw flames here, despite todays communication issue I never doubted your knowledge.

There is a huge universe of people who show up here talking chit and knowing nothing, why go after someone like you?

Oh by the way I dont need your permission to flame you... just making a joke!

Anyone seen my pal day? Maybe's he's out there schooling the SPX crowd

#50     Apr 21, 2008