Symptom of Overtrading?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Harry123, Sep 3, 2003.

1. As per my request, thank you for attempting to bring your thread back on topic (at least for one paragraph)... it shows some maturity, but the fact that 2 of your 3 paragraphs are evasive, defensive and deflective is cause for some concern... moreover, I am still unclear as to why you posted your P&L snapshot... would be grateful for some clarification... was it or was it not a form of self-aggrandizement? :D ... anyway, judging from your first paragraph above, you have written the answer to your original query i.e. you have potentially overtraded today relative to your norm... you must now ask yourself what was it about your mental outlook and/or the market today that caused you to potentially overtrade i.e. on recognizing the symptoms, it makes sense to analyze the causes, so that you can avoid a recurrence of such behaviors...

P.S. The fact that I am posting again proves that I don't accept your deflective premise and conjecture about me posting again (your last two lines)... indeed, I find such comments rather infantile and self-defeating...

#11     Sep 3, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Apparently, it's his way of making people feel welcome.

#12     Sep 3, 2003
  3. Only those who I perceive as trolls :)

#13     Sep 3, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

God knows this site is short on troll police.

#14     Sep 3, 2003
  5. Agreed :D ... maybe Baron can make me a moderator, one day... I would kick ass...

#15     Sep 3, 2003
  6. Harry123

Harry123

Candle since you wanted an answer I felt a reply was in order to be fair, as to whether this is some form of self-aggrandizement I will give you one. It is not. I thought about why you would think it was and I think it has something to do with being up 5K+ for the day. At first I didn't even think about it but I'm guessing to you that 5K must be a large payday. I feel that most traders here probably make this 5K per day many times during the year. In fact I guessing that there are many traders here that have been trading for a long time that would laugh at this number. Once again I didn't realize that I would have to take in the shock value of the positive P&L as it comes to what you consider alot when thinking about the other 18.000 traders here on Elite Trader. So think about it that way Candle ...this is not meant to be offensive so please don't read it that way I'm just answering your question as to whether or not it was self aggrandizement. Once again it never occurred to me think that a 5k up day was a big deal to most traders here.

#16     Sep 3, 2003
  7. I average considerably under $5k a day (but also, in the course of the year, have quite a few home run days of considerably more than $5k), but that's not the point... the point is that, like NihabaAshi, I don't see the point of your P&L being posted in a thread about overtrading... which leads me to my conclusion of potential self-aggrandizement...

#17     Sep 3, 2003
  8. Harry123

Harry123

I hear ya Candle and I have said your conclusion is wrong.

#18     Sep 3, 2003
  9. Once you have clearly explained why you posted that P&L and once you have addressed the various excellent points made by NihabaAshi which I wholeheartedly agree with, then your credibility in the eyes of some will be patched up and we can lay this matter to rest...

#19     Sep 3, 2003
  10. At least you're adaptable... that's a good trait in a trader's arsenal...

#20     Sep 3, 2003