Sykes is Writing for "Real Money"?????

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by flytiger, Oct 4, 2007.

1. hey tim

why bother with a book if you can trade

I SPIT on your trading skills

you never took time to learn to trade did you

well start now

#11     Oct 4, 2007
  2. Well if you do not like the book, there always is his dvd and autograph...

#12     Oct 4, 2007
  3. Now, now boys. Let's be Civil.

First, shouldn't you do something first. Let me rephrase..... Shouldn't you do something good?

http://wallstfolly.typepad.com/wallstfolly/2007/09/idiot-trader-ge.html

Second, yeah, some Chinese stock w/a small float will be a great short someday. But you know, AAPL will be a great short someday.

Third, 1.4mm float? How do you get a locate? (See Post Script)And if you're wrong, how do you get out?. It's like looking down a gun barrel.

Fourthly (fourthly?), did the editors over there die? How do you get away with, "this is going down someday. It's speculative." How do you do that? You made Lenny Dykstra look like John Magee.

I tell you boys, the financial world is upside down. Something just isn't right. The market is going to crash. I'm not sure when, but buy my book.

PS> just found this, and am adding under "edit>" I'm a goddamned genius. Now you have to buy my book.

pumpanddumper

10-03-07 08:57 PM

I tried shorting above $40 real quick but no shares available.

You recommended a trade you can't possible do at a date in time you have not yet selected. Is Crames, I call him Crames, drinking again???

#13     Oct 4, 2007
  4. Borrows are tough, but def not impossible. My DVD delves into that subject.

I think its run will be over sooner rather than later. I wrote the article so people will put it on their watchlist, no so they'd jump in and short right now. When the variables align, I'll post something in the Columnist Conversation and then we'll all have some fun, or at least those who have learned about all the possibilities (as told through my thousands of trades following this same exact pattern in my DVD)

#14     Oct 4, 2007
  5. I think its run will be over sooner rather than later. - Sykes

Could you be a bit more vague, please? How do you get away with this stuff?

#15     Oct 5, 2007
  6. I judge everything based on price action. Right now CHNR is holding on to its $1ish gain for the day. If it continues to hold, it'll probly strengthen throughout the day as short get squeezed in the afternoon. But if it goes negative like JRJC, the negativity will increase as buyers get scared and shorts get more confident. Right now it looks as though the shorts will win so thats why I say it will go negative sooner rather than later.

#16     Oct 5, 2007
  7. How do you get away with this? Experience.

The phases of analysis.

1) To da moon.

2) Sooner or later

3) The wise man knows quietly

#17     Oct 5, 2007
  8. LOL..LOL..

The Anti-Sykes trader = The wise man knows quietly.

Sykes = knows nothing loudly.

#18     Oct 5, 2007
  9. I think I'm going to buy 10,000, then, lend it to myself so I can short it. If this guy is right, I'll make a fortune.

Timothy Sykes
    Shorting CHNR Here
    10/5/2007 10:48 AM EDT

This stock just went negative for the day so I just went short some in the $43.50-$44 range --this could / should get ugly (pretty for me!) real fast.
    Please note that due to factors including low market capitalization and/or insufficient public float, we consider CHNR to be a small-cap stock. You should be aware that such stocks are subject to more risk than stocks of larger companies, including greater volatility, lower liquidity and less publicly available information, and that postings such as this one can have an effect on their stock prices.

Position: Short CHNR

How much? How much did you get? You get it to move in your favor and you'll claim a victory. Not goodenough. Show us the locate.

#19     Oct 5, 2007
  10. CHNR now around 40 on my screen. Congrats on the trade, Tim.

#20     Oct 5, 2007