Sykes has review removed from Amazon

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rcanfiel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Mr. Sykes had my review removed on Amazon.

Would you like to buy the wares of such an honest fellow?

2. Snake Oilers will do anything to keep the truth from being revealed to their unsuspecting newbie prey.

On a side note--- It's a shame that Baron has allowed Sykes to overrun this website.

Unfortunately, this post and your thread will be deleted ASAP.

It's Sykes site now. :(

3. timbo

timbo

You can't say negative things unless you've read the book; it's the law.

4. Actually it wasn't me--if you read the comment I attached to it, I said I'd leave it up there as a shining example of the kind of reviews I usually ask Amazon to delete. Unfortunately for me, Amazon themselves deleted it and now I'm gonna have to listen to your idiotic bitching and you'll probly just repost it.

FYI Amazon sent me this email today:

<b>Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed a review that doesn't follow our guidelines. I've removed these comments, and the review should
    disappear from Amazon.com soon.

We want our review forum to be a place for constructive comments and
    feedback that may be useful to other customers. We will remove any
    review that falls outside of our guidelines.

I've listed additional information about our review policy and other
    Communities features below.
    </B>

In case anyone is wondering what the review says, I saved it just to show how ridiculous this guy is:

<b>This author is self-absorbed. To get a better idea about him,
    follow this link (below), and see some real comments about the book
    and the author. He has a history of using false reviews, and aliases
    to bring attention to himself. He has made himself a regular target
    on EliteTrader.com with constant spamming, using false aliases to
    shill for his book, and has created a very negative opinion in the
    minds of others. He also is known to have had some negative reviews
    on Amazon removed. </B>

That's not even close to being a book review! Seriously dude, I've been in contact with some seriously stupid people in my lifetime, but you take the cake, congrats I guess.

5. Well it may not be a book review, but it's 100% truthful.

6. Um... I appreciate the honesty, but would you mind doing us all a favor and dying?

7. hughb

hughb

Wow. You went to the trouble of creating a website devoted to trashing some poor little rich kid? I find Sykes annoying too, but don't you think you're going a little too far?

8. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDo3rEXcMRs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDo3rEXcMRs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. My gawd. Is this a joke???

About the only thing more pathetic than "Timmay", is someone creating a site dedicated to bashing him. I have to assume this is really TS doing it. He's just trying to extend his 15 minutes out to 15 minutes and 30 seconds...

Won't work. Tim Boy is so over... :p

10. Danulous

Danulous

he's more transparent with his website than traders are on elitetrader...

there's more newbs that read the fake p&l postings of people here and think they can do it and make a journal of their own until they fail.

newbs on syke's site using his method of shorting sucky companies into hype are more successful than the newbs on this site. does that tell you anything about the value of transparency?

especially with this financial crisis now. because of the lack of transparency, financial companies failed and some stocks went to zero. maybe people will learn something from elitetrader once people start being transparent with their trades and their p&l. (why hide the stocks that you trade on a daily basis? why only show a profit? only wannabe traders here i believe)

#10     Oct 18, 2008