Sydney, Australia

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by DaveN, Jun 7, 2009.

1. DaveN

DaveN

Hello fellow ET'ers,

I'm traveling in Australia for the next two weeks. While walking in Sydney a few days ago, I saw the Exchange bldg on Market Street, and I was wondering if there's anything to see. Looks like there might be an auditorium with escalators leading downstairs. Ufnortunately, it was blocked off and there was no information posted. A quick internet search didn't yield anything either.

I'm in Melbourne now, then Cairns for a few days, but I'll be back to Sydney next week. I'd hate to be this close and miss something interesting. Thanks for any info.

--
    Dave N.

2. Johno

Johno

Hi Dave, I'm down in Geelong, SW from Melbourne somehow I think you will find the weather much nicer in Cairns this time of year. Hope you have a nice holiday down under.

Best Regards

Johno

3. DaveN

DaveN

I saw a great Australian Football League game today. Very impressive! I am looking forward to the warmer weather in Cairns tomorrow.

4. Johno

Johno

Collingwood / North Melbourne?

5. DaveN

DaveN

Yep! That was the one. I know the score was a bit lopsided, but for my first game, it was just incredible to watch! The crowd was really fired up, and it was really a lot of fun.

6. Yeah you didnt miss much with regards to the exchange building. you cant get down there anymore, I've only seen pictures and there was a documentary called "bulls and bears" which had footage of the floor back in the day

http://home.teegee.com.au/lsptv/BullsandBears2.html

If you are a good trader at all, there are a couple of prop shops which take in seasonal traders.