switzerland

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by alain, Jun 7, 2002.

1. alain

alain

any traders from Switzerland?

2. NO but I'd like to be.:)

How is the infrastructure(regulation, high speed access) for trading over there? I assume it's great.

3. alain

alain

it's great... Swiss living quality is among the highest in europe. Everything is clean, everything works.. social system, economy, medical system, public transportation, well.. where should I start.

Two disadvantages are here... the economic market is less dynamic than in the US. As a result everything is more expensive and takes a while until there is some competition.
    And today the weather sucks... well because of the Alps it rains a lot here.

and there are very very few private traders... and Day Trading has a very bad reputation.

alain

4. wild

wild

alain,

are you in la suisse romande ?

i spent some time in Zug during the late 80s ... there was a considerable number of daytraders even in those days.

regards

wild

5. alain

alain

I'm in Bern.

well Zug is like the financial Center of Switzerland because the Taxes are very low there.

do you know if there is some sort of meeting place of them? I know one trader near Zug that trades the Coffe markets.

most people I met that are daytrading don't understand much about what they do... they are mostly very rich and do it for the enjoyment.
    I know of about a 100 daytraders here... on 7'000'000 inhabitans. I'm sure there must be more somewhere...

6. wild

wild

is Marc Rich still playing the oil markets in Zug/Cham/Baar ... after Bill Clinton pardoned him ?

7. MR is still big. But not particularly in oil... But nevertheless playing big, especially considering his age...

Here in the Zurich area, there are loads of private traders, but most with a focus on Swiss stocks or Currencies...

However, the number of index futures traders is also increasing over here... all providing liquidity ;-)

8. I think the South of Switzerland (Locarno area) is one of the most beautiful region in Europe. How difficult is it to immigrate to Switzerland for a self supporting person (like a succesful private trader) ?

9. From what I have read it is next to impossible to obtain Swiss citizenship. Perhaps the best way is to acquire/lease property and spend several months of the year there.

10. alain

alain

I'm not a professional in immigration... but all I know that it takes years and a lot of references. It's not like on the bahamas to buy some propriety and then you are a citizen. I think the easiest way to do that is to mary a swiss woman :cool:

#10     Jun 9, 2002