Switzerland WILL Win Over The Hedge Fund Business

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by libertad, Oct 13, 2009.

1. So let's see...

1. You can't take a Swiss citizen's job

2. If you have money to sustain yourself, you're OK. If you're a deadbeat, looking to suck from the Swiss social system, you're not welcome?

Dang! What a concept*.

* Isn't that how it also works in Mexico, too?

#11     Oct 13, 2009
  2. moarla

moarla

i explained only the special tax treatment what you can choose, but you can go working as everywher and pay tax like everywhere. no problem.

My explanation was for rich people, for people who make much money or people like me (trader with enough profit for that )

So you can go there and work as waitress, no problem.

#12     Oct 13, 2009
  3. wave

wave

moarla, what about Campione? Same deal as you described for Swiss?

#13     Oct 13, 2009
  4. moarla

moarla

campione is part of italY. As i am italian cit, i am not informed on that...
    (Itlay is NOT a country on that i would trust on his legislation....)

UK has same possibility : programm = "resident but not domiciliated"
    you pay a fix tax of 25.000 GBP/annum

#14     Oct 13, 2009
  5. Good, that way Taxpayers will no longer be on the hook for this "Capitalism" as they wish to call it where its heads I win tails you lose.

#15     Oct 13, 2009
  6. zdreg

zdreg

after the UBS and Polanski fiasco we found out what kind of balls the swiss gov't have vs. the american gov't.

it resembles the portfolio value of some ET posters.

#16     Oct 13, 2009
  7. moarla

moarla

that has nothing to do with a better tax regime.
    Polansky has to go to jail and UBS committed a TAX fraud, so Switzerland acted correct in both cases.
    But moving a Hedgefoud to Zurich or moving my address to ZUG, i dont see any problem there

#17     Oct 13, 2009
  8. ...........................................................

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/worldwide/switzerland/index.html

GS likes it....

Nothing new....

#18     Oct 13, 2009
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

My best friends live in Geneva and Lausanne, I live about 2 hours from there in France( Grenoble ).

Switzerland's definitely a great place to live, it's really active with a lot of companies domiciliating their headquarters around Leman's Lake( It's funny when you get out in little villages like Rolle and see the big companies names on small brand new buildings) , but in a peaceful way with an incredible quality of living and much to do( mountains all around for skiing, climbing, sailing on the lakes... ).

There is also a big trading community in Geneva, a lot of the swiss are trading and you can see Dukascopy ads on the buses and so on.

Nights are a little quiet in Geneva for young people but you would have a good laugh in some "bars à hotesses" since most of the prostitutes there are better looking than the cutest girlfriend you ever had...LOL. Sometimes it's tempting.

My dad also live there in Wallis for tax purpose. he sold his company and pays to the canton about 1/10th of what he would be paying in France. Wallis is more typical ( with real swiss that talk slow ) but a lot cheaper than Vaud and Geneva... Property is really expensive there.

One last thing, the salaries are the highest on the planet. My friends make twice what they would be making in France.

#19     Oct 13, 2009
  10. Switzerland is beautiful. It's like Canada, but with more history and art. Imagine Geneve, a financial hub with skiing a few hours away? Sign me up! :D

#20     Oct 13, 2009