Switching to the NQ...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RangeTrader, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Stocks are a joke. You have to pick 3 maximum and each has it's own personality... It takes months to figure out how to trade each one...

Indices at least pattern in the same way for long periods of time... Sometimes even years!

#41     May 12, 2012
  2. Futures with 60/40 rule is the best by far. There is no way I can make the money in stocks like I do in CL futures, and with the low amount of capital needed.

#42     May 12, 2012
  3. Low capital requirements are never the primary benefit of choosing futures products. If you need ridiculously low margins so your $5,000 account doesn't blow out, you shouldn't be trading CL.

On NQ, I've always liked NQ better than ES, but my research shows that is because NQ's dollar value monthly daily average swings have enough range to produce decent income, while ES has very little range most days compared to NQ.

#43     May 12, 2012
  4. DutyFree

DutyFree

Are there lot of NQ traders here. I would like to get in touch

#44     May 12, 2012
  5. I completely disagree. What I can do on a daily basis with a $50,000 futures account is way more efficient than what I could ever do in a stocks account with $50,000. What I can do with a $200,000 futures account deleveraged is even more efficient than what I can do with an equities trading account. I can generate much better ROI with futures than I ever could with stock trading dollar for dollar in the two account types.

With broker worries these days, how much I have to have sitting in my brokerage accounts day to day is a very big factor in my opinion.

#45     May 12, 2012
  6. Wasn't thinking about values that big. That's true about stocks, but triple leveraged ETF's do something similar.

With $100,000 and a high margin to equity ratio, you could get into the $4 million notional value.

#46     May 13, 2012