Switching to the NQ...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RangeTrader, Apr 29, 2012.

1. KastyG

KastyG

CL and TF are for advanced trader only. They are fast movers.

#31     May 2, 2012
  2. The TF is in my opinion one of the most proper futures. It does what it's supposed to. No shenanigans or parabolic moves where they are not supposed to be.

I prefer to hold a trade for less than ten minutes too.

Ok, lets compare two charts... First, here is the trades I made today... With moving averages turned back on.

#32     May 2, 2012
  3. Then... I replayed the same thing as a sim run at 40x using OCO attached orders... 1x1 Handles. Taking the same trades essentially...

Would have made a lot more money than I did today... Just using OCO orders, and no chase entries! Chase entries are for trending days only... Definitely not trending internals today except for that uptrend.

Even if I had gotten clipped a handle on that chase move, I would have still made more using OCO orders.

#33     May 2, 2012
  4. Comish and slippage will be the invisible hand that bleeds you out if your not careful in this case. For instance if you're only trading 6 min at a time, don't trade 6b ,ym or similar. Run the numbers on Range and tick size vs spread and commission for whatever you're going to trade.

I don't know where you are at but TF and CL will blow you out faster than any other instrument if you don't know exactly what you're doing yet.

#34     May 2, 2012
  5. I traded the /TF for like six months back in 2009. Different trading system though. The current one I am using was designed for the ES. I am just getting it tuned in for the /TF.

As long as your not counter trending it's very hard to lose on the ES. The TF seems pretty good lately, but as we get more volatility again ill probably go back to the ES.

#35     May 2, 2012
  6. Hmmm... I just turned signals back on.

Wow, market conditions are rarely as good as they were today... Signals were timing properly.

Wave counts were a little odd though. Best just to use gut instinct to solve those.

#36     May 2, 2012
  7. My order;

1) CL

2) FDAX

3) TF

4) Euro

If you want a simple grinder trade the NG.

#37     May 2, 2012
  8. I don't really care for the way oil patterns, but the 6E futures are decent...

I prefer having my internals and tick averages that get my mind in sync with the market real fast... So I'm sticking with the index futures. :D Only takes me about 30 minutes to get a feel for whats going on and what the game of the day. Doesn't take as much focus as the others.

What I love about the TF that annoys me about the ES is... You can always trust the TF. It drops when its supposed to, and it rallies when it's supposed to. It doesn't sit around and dawdle... It retraces with precision too.

No nonsense shenanigans on the TF!!! Never seen it... Honest non manipulated market.

#38     May 3, 2012
  9. If you were trend following CL or TF on Friday it does not get any better. The follow through after trend kick back entries was very strong. Between the two contracts, I had 11 trend following trades Friday and only one was a small loss of 10 ticks in the CL.

I never trade the NQ or YM but those contracts should have had numerous opportunities on Friday. Anyone ever trade the s&p mid-cap index?

RangeTrader * I finally figured out what charting you use. Take a look at DAX one night with your template, you will find all kinds of solid entries.

#39     May 6, 2012
  10. This makes me laugh. Quite trading index futures and move to stocks. NQ is not any better. And get rid of any fancy green and red indicators you got up on your charts. All you need is candlesticks and volume.

#40     May 12, 2012