Switching to the NQ...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RangeTrader, Apr 29, 2012.

1. I like trading the TF myself over ES. Your charts look great and I do use some heiken ashi charts as well. What charting are you using?

Can you show a TF chart with your chart arrangement, that would be great. TIA!

#11     Apr 29, 2012
  2. They are no true ashi's. They are my own formula.

Here is the micro-timing TF chart.

#12     Apr 29, 2012
  3. Here is the mid timing chart...

#13     Apr 29, 2012
  4. And, here is the daily-4d.

I have not taken the time to analyze and check over these charts to see if I like the settings. I don't trade the TF currently. The charts look ok with the ES settings.

#14     Apr 29, 2012
  5. The smoothed Heiken Ashi I use in Ninjatrader 7 are my own development. I have one version with sine weighted MA's and the other uses T3's for the smoothing.

I find the TF offers more bang for the buck than ES or NQ and I never trade YM.

#15     Apr 30, 2012
  6. The TF in my experience follows internals better and trends a bit more logically.

The one thing I don't like about it is it doesn't retrace much. You better be in the right trade if your in the TF! It won't let you out without hitting your stop.

#16     Apr 30, 2012
  7. TF Medium Picture... Simple, logical, beautiful movement...

#17     Apr 30, 2012
  8. TF responds to $TICK buy/sell program activity perfectly which is good. I tend to be a trend follower so the TF is rock solid as it develops into intraday trends.

#18     Apr 30, 2012
  9. TF Detailed picture...

Eh, pretty good patterning...

I think ill keep the TF in mind for big trending days. On the big move days the TF loves to outperform the other indices.

NQ is far superior trading on choppy days like today IMO.

I can't believe I traded the ES for so long... The NQ patterns and retraces so nicely...

#19     Apr 30, 2012
  10. Keeping nine chartbooks tuned in for current market conditions and volatility might be a bit overkill...

Just maintaining the tuning on the NQ and ES charts through changing conditions is enough work, lol...

#20     Apr 30, 2012