switching to IB from TradeStation

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by vladiator, Oct 23, 2002.

1. mktman

mktman

Odd.
    TS bashing.
    All in what one wants or needs.

I switched from IB to TS.
    Why?
    IB is ancient with there interface and overall software.

btw when you need a rep for help who english isnt your only language.

IBvs TS.
    Pros and cons for each.
    Go with what you like and suits you best.

TS6 a gimic?
    Dont think so.

mktsurf

#11     Oct 23, 2002
  2. I'm trying to consolidate accounts and begin direct access trading. I couldn't figure out IB's deal. I narrowed down my choice to esignal and tradestation. Opening an account with trade station seemed to be the cheaper way to go, and it looks pretty good. I've only been using TC2000 for stocks, and barchart for futures. I look at quote.com for a quick look at both when I'm at work. I'm more interested in futures than stocks right now.

#12     Oct 23, 2002
  3. def

def Sponsor

vlad,
    play with the hot keys - very simple to set up. you can also configure your mouse.

pros use? I can't give out figures but the amount of volume from ibanks, broker/dealers, and trading firms for both options, equities and futures going through IB is most certainly higher than most firms.

#13     Oct 23, 2002
  4. Thanks for all your feedback guys. I didn't mean to trigger a TS vs TWS combat though :D. I was/am just looking for a platform that's best suited for options and equities at the same time. I like TS (especially their order entry setup) but I never need to use any of it's hyped cool features like the automation (b/c it's only chartbased and my strategy isn't) or testing (b/c I have a lot more data than they provide and have already done all the testing before getting into trading.)
    Thanks again for the advice.
    Any other alternatives I have for options trades?
    V.:cool:

#14     Oct 24, 2002
  5. you must not be hanging out in the right circle, mr. bungrider. many pro traders use TS6 platform, perhaps not those who "scalp" or who are encouraged ( read pressured) by prop firms to make excessive trades. there are more than a few funds who succesfully use the platform.

best,

surf

#15     Oct 24, 2002