Switching to futures from stocks, can anyone recommend a reliable broker?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by acerbits, Apr 14, 2007.

1. MTE

MTE

Although I'm a extremely satisfied customer of Thinkorswim and would recommend it to anyone trading options, but not futures. Thinkorswim is an options broker not a futures broker so if you look to make an occasional futures trade then go for it, if you are looking for futures daytrading platform then look elsewhere.

#11     Apr 16, 2007
  2. Now that I can totally agree with. No Matrix/Ladder/Book Trader Bites....

#12     Apr 16, 2007
  3. My vote is for Interactive Brokers ... but not if you're a beginner who needs hand holding. n00b's in need of help just end up whinging when they don't get it.

My only complaint about TWS was the memory footprint ... but cheap memory has solved that problem for me. I use it with Sierra Chart and Zeroline Trader.

#13     Apr 16, 2007
  4. Anyone use CyberTrader or MB Trading for futures?

#14     Apr 17, 2007
  5. Naw, Those are equity brokers. Futures trading added onto a equity broker almost always = crappy service + rates.

#15     Apr 17, 2007
  6. MB customer service is really good, however the reliability of the quotes is pitiful at best. I agree with the previous poster, go for a broker geared towards futures.

#16     Apr 17, 2007
  7. pkny

pkny

I did take a quick look at the reviews for tradestation. Does anyone agree with the person who said it's a good place to start while learning? Specifically for eminis?

thanks

#17     Apr 19, 2007
  8. pkny

pkny

I did take a quick look at the reviews for tradestation. Does anyone agree with the person who said it's a good place to start while learning? Specifically for eminis?

thanks

#18     Apr 19, 2007

9. What's a FCM?

#19     Jun 19, 2007
  10. gaj

gaj

i have both IB and tradestation. only trade equities.

if you're doing backtesting, definitely take tradestation.

i find executions to be the same. better customer service at TS. i can't quantify it easily (outside of how their margin requirements are handled, which favors IB), but i prefer IB over TS.

#20     Jun 19, 2007