Switching from prop to retail

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by alientrader, May 25, 2006.

1. sup guys,
    I have been prop trading for the last 3 years or so.
    For many reasons, I am thinking of switching from prop to retail. A few questions:
    1) is it possible to get the same rate for retail as for prop?
    2) I understand for retail its 4X buying power, is there anyway legally that this could be increased?
    and lastly) does anyone have any good brokers to recommend?
    I am looking at assent,genesis and benchmarq. IB is out because I need dozens of hot keys in order to trade my strategy and the TWS is not really a competent software for my order entry purposes. If anyone has any other recommendations, I would appreciate it.

thanks a lot!

ps. Assent dosent seem to have a retail side as shows on its site, please correct me if i am wrong.

2. u can use ib in combination with 1 of da 100s of softwares out there available to create short cuts.

3. 1) Yes, the rates for retail and prop are the same.

2) Buying power is not the same as margin requirement. SEC rules limit retail accounts to four times the money in your account, but you can have alot more buying power as long as you can meet your margin call.

I trade retail at Assent, and so do a few other guys in my office. (Not sure why the website doesn't list it).

4. Hi Longhorns, thanks a lot for the reply. one question
    1) I looked through the website, and notice the trading platform dosent have a tick chart on it. Is that right that there are no charts on the Hammer platform?

5. If you know of any software that is like the Laser or Hammer platform that i can trade through IB with, do please let me know....

thanks a lot.