Switching Career in London

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by newjack, May 25, 2008.

1. newjack

newjack

Hi

Within the next year or so I'd like to change my career path and begin professional training as a trader, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for firms that would suit me?

A bit of background:

I graduated a few years ago with a computer science degree from an average university and have been developing trading software for a leading company since. Until I got this job I had never considered a career in trading but I've now had a lot of experience in the area and feel this is definitely the path I want to take.

I understand quite a lot of traders have come from a computing background and I think the main thing working against me would be my degree, as a lot of firms in the city require graduates from the top unis. However I'm hoping the experience and knowledge of markets and trading I've gained since graduating will help counteract this.

I know a lot of people have taken the path of figuring it all out themselves and eventually working from home, but I'd much prefer some real training and working from an office, so can anyone recommened some firms that would provide me with good training and not be put off by my education?

I'm not too bothered if they dont offer a salary during the training.

Thanks for any help

jack.

2. Leicester University is not an average one, is it?