Switched from Kaspersky Internet Security to Bitdefender

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Scataphagos, Dec 19, 2016.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

hahahaah ...Yeah the problem is.... if you knew some of my idiot friends that send me emails... lmao... I mean dumb. But I wouldn't trade em for anything.

My rule of thumb.... I just don't open anything at all. Not even from my broker lol.
    Somehow life manages to go on whether one opens their email or not I've found
    If someone gets pissed because I didn't get back to em.... oh well. F em.
    But I'm lucky enough to be in a position I can do that. I guess if someone works for the man... they gotta play the game.

#21     Dec 21, 2016
    wjk likes this.
  2. wjk

wjk

LOL. Nice.:D

#22     Dec 21, 2016
  3. Trader200K

Trader200K

Had Bitdefender and it nailed a number of ugly exploits.

Got a call from my broker that a Euro location hacker had made multiple attempts on accessing my account. His IP put him in BD's backyard. Had no reason at all to think they might connected, but that was little comfort since I was in a position to recently be aware of an overseas net scam that involved $100Ks of unfortunately irrecoverable booty.

Decided to get security software that at least originated stateside so I dug into the research process and finally chose WebRoot. I also found good support for the problems in my particular trading software. Scanning was particularly fast.

T

#23     Dec 24, 2016
  4. After I did a total computer "reformat" I switched to Bitdefender for a total of 18 hours. They are very poor in service. I paid for the premium install but could never make contact with that department. You can not find on line chat support from their website. Finally I made contact from an email link and it took 11 minutes to for them to respond after they say "hello how can I help you".

Chat support was not able to make contact with "the premium install" staff either so I did the install myself but I could not install Microsoft Office and Microsoft could not get into my computer to help me. Again chat support said Bitdefender was missing the pieces in their software install that would let me allow Microsoft in and they said I had to repair the program. Their efforts to lead me into repairing the program did not work so I just did a total uninstall and called my prior antivirus service and they immediately did the install for me and I was protected once again.

I have now asked for a total refund from Bitdefender so we shall see how that goes. I had heard from a friend who does a radio show on computers that Bitdefender is the best antivirus protection so with my computer reformat I decided to make the switch. They may very well have the best product but they have the poorest client support that I have ever experienced in any of my support contacts ever with any product.

#24     Dec 26, 2016
  5. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

ESET is the best.
    How do I know?
    Supply and demand, it costs the most.

#25     Dec 26, 2016
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Thanks.. Good thread.

I just performed a clean install of Windows 7, installed Kaspersky and Malwarebytes immediately. Caused a major conflict. Unsure if it was Malwarebytes or Kaspersky. Got rid of Malwarebytes. Seems fine now. I agree tho. Kaspersky seems somewhat bloated.

#26     Jan 10, 2017
  7. Was that the new version of Malwarebytes... v3? They are claiming with that one you won't need to use an anti-virus as v3 will take care of it. Could be v3 is seen by Kaskersky as "a 2nd AV" and are conflicting by each trying to serve the same/similar functions??

#27     Jan 12, 2017
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Yes, quite possible. Haven't bothered to look since. If Malwarebytes Version 3 was released in the last two weeks, then yes, it was version 3.

Huh. Maybe I'll try swapping them.

#28     Jan 12, 2017
  9. rwk

rwk

It's my understanding that Malwarebytes is a scanner only and does not have realtime protection. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455505,00.asp

#29     Jan 12, 2017
  10. The link is describing the "free" version. Malwarebytes makes no claim about RT protection from this version, only from the paid version.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    #30     Jan 12, 2017