Switch your accounts to Dukascopy

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Gcapman, Mar 25, 2010.

1. A bunch of Russians without a license in a tax haven - 'safe' wouldn't be the first word that springs to mind. At least as far as i am concerned.

#11     Mar 26, 2010
  2. Gcapman

Gcapman

They don't need a banking license since they are not a bank.....lol

They applied for an added measure of protection for their clients

Although I do wonder why they have not received approval as of yet.....:confused:

#12     Mar 26, 2010
  3. Yes they do, the Swiss law got changed so that every fx dealer needs a banking license. If it gets denied for whatever reason, they have to close down or go to a jurisdiction with less strict regulation. They are somewhat in the limbo, legally speaking, at the moment.

Note that senior management in a bank is required to pass the 'fit and proper' test. For a bank, there are additional requirements above and beyond minimum capitalization.

Before that law was passed, fx wasn't really regulated at all in Switzerland, that was the reason why a lot of not-so-sincere shops set up there in the past. As did Dukas.

#13     Mar 26, 2010
  4. Your series of defensive posts on their behalf in this thread is sounding an awful lot like you have an interest in the company... Switch your accounts to Dukascopy ... www.XYZ.com

I am sure they are capable of advertising themselves without your needing to sound somewhat shill-like. Thanks for your effusive praise of them, but it is time to go.

They are one of many forex companies. Nothing less, nothing more. The fact they lowered their standards is a negative, not a positive.

#14     Mar 26, 2010
  5. Gcapman

Gcapman

Did not mean to sound like a shill for Dukascopy....pardon me

It was just an immature burst of outrage....

Honestly, I really do like FXCM --- it's just that sometimes the things they do piss me off......

#15     Mar 26, 2010
  6. Hmmm..i am thinking the same why did they do that? Doesn't sound right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To be honest, I preferred when they had their $50k account minimum. Continuing to lower minimums to scrape for the smallest traders out there seems counter to their initial focus. For a broker that once proudly proclaimed "100M Per Click" to now state "The minimum margin requirement is 100 CHF" is quite a change. Basically, they poured all this marketing effort into becoming a serious institutional contender, to now compete with every other retail shop.

#16     Mar 30, 2010
  7. #17     Mar 30, 2010
  8. MrAngry

MrAngry

I got lost when it announced itself as the centralised decentralised market place. very confusing.

#18     Mar 31, 2010
  9. #19     Mar 31, 2010
  10. TheMan

TheMan

#20     Mar 31, 2010