Swissie spike!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Bigpipn, Sep 22, 2009.

1. 4XQs

4XQs

ET is always great for it's entertainment value :D

#21     Sep 23, 2009
  2. Well those numbers are of course the base algo, like I said there is a dynamic stoploss feature, but it is nothing special.

I watch this shit all the time, I did not b*tch about the Swiss National Bank intervention that blew out my martingale based scalper, this is different, I know MANY EAs that trade Eur/chf that have similar stoplosses and it is just funny (maybe coincidental) that they were taken out by a few ticks THEN you get that bar running stops above as well then back to normal like nothing happened. Perhaps that was someone liquidating size and that's how it reacts on that pair.

This is my last statement regarding this, I'm not in here to bitch, I just guess I didn't fully understand it and I must assume the blame.

#22     Sep 23, 2009
  3. sakhter

sakhter

All you need is 1 broker & a large enough order size. You're pretty naive if you believe your stops/tps don't show up on level2.. and the fact that *ALMOST* every MT4 broker is sleeping in the same bed.

http://bostontechnologies.com/startbrokerage.html

#23     Sep 23, 2009
  4. You're not distinguishing between dealer and market manipulation. Nobody disputes that MT4 is a con.

#24     Sep 23, 2009

5. I use MT4 only for charting, Oanda for orders, and throw small size as well.
    That being said, the downward spike on the EUR/USD that is in question only dipped to within 2 pips of that days bottom support.
    Not, in my opinion, a good place for a stop.

#25     Sep 23, 2009
  6. sakhter

sakhter

Good place for a stop or not, I made $9,500.

you do mean "upward" spike right?

#26     Sep 23, 2009
  7. I misunderstood. I thought you lost money.
    $9500. Pretty damn good.
    And there I was offering advice........oops:eek:

#27     Sep 23, 2009
  8. sakhter

sakhter

haha, no worries. I was complaining because I had a very large drawdown during the spike up.. but came back down to where I had the stop, positive 2 pips and then went back up only to come down to my target earlier this morning.

The funny thing is, my targets always hit, but the market decides to push it higher(or lower) before hitting my target. That is why I feel it's deliberate..

#28     Sep 23, 2009