Swissie spike!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Bigpipn, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Why do institutions sell 200 VIX futures at the market with regularity? Losing $200k for the privilege?

#11     Sep 22, 2009
  2. Hell I could be wrong, the market is always right. I just know the parameters for the code and it was triggered perfectly and the market reversed on a dime against momentum, against it's tendencies, blew out stops to within a few ticks and reversed higher back into same channel.

Wtf do I know it could have just been a fat finger from Atticus. Why do you have to trade during my time like that huh?

His hedges move the market.

#12     Sep 22, 2009
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Euro spike was only 20 pips before offers came in. Not huge.

#13     Sep 22, 2009
  4. Kid.
    There was the NZD GDP @ 18:45. Just a chain reaction. Never heard of triangular arbitrage?
    "They blew out my stops", they, lol. Who are they?

#14     Sep 22, 2009
  5. Take the "kid" stuff somewhere else.

It was a blantant stop run, put it on M1 and look. I've watched economic reports on M1, that's not an economic report, look at the time.

Regardless, I have cooled down and I sound retarded looking back on my posts. There are no shortcuts I will find that fearless nature to get back all my losses tomorrow. Off to bed to get up and trade the Frankfurt session.

#15     Sep 22, 2009
  6. There is no qualitative distinction between a stop placed by a discretionary trader or some retarded EA algorithm. FX is decentralized, so there is no way you're going to know if "they" had massive size to buy into that spike. 5:1 risk at 88% is a marginal positive expectancy, but we both know those numbers are the worst kind of bullshit. 5:1 is not edge.

#16     Sep 22, 2009
  7. sakhter

sakhter

nah.. I agree that orders are getting stopped out.

I've been winning non-stop on my "dealing desk" broker, and I feel like "they" took the other side to my trade this time (the one time i don't fucking put a stop-loss..:mad: ). Usually I will get delayed to be filled, but this time it was instant, I should of knew something was up from the start.

That spike basically started where I sold, reversed 100%, touched my entry again and then went right back up..

2nd time this week I've seen this bullshit.. I bought euro sunday night below 1.4719 with 1.48 target, euro goes to 1.4631.. was down $XX,XXX.. and then back up to >1.4719, got out @ 1.4750, then sold it at 1.4786.. and same bullshit again.

#17     Sep 23, 2009
  8. How about that cable spike?

#18     Sep 23, 2009
  9. The BoE minutes... No mention of dropping depo rates.

#19     Sep 23, 2009
  10. No no no. Clear manipulation of the markets. Obviously every broker was in on it.................:D

#20     Sep 23, 2009